Chapter 12

*Infirmary ; 10:30 am*
~~~Percy~~~

I rubbed my eyes and leaned my head against the back chair in Selena's ward. She's been out for almost four days. The healer's gonna arrive soon to check on her again. I stood up and tightened my fists. Why hasn't she woken up yet?! I heard a knock on the door and I almost slipped as I ran to open it. My expecting face faded as I saw Annabeth and Thalia.

"The healer hasn't arrived yet?" Annabeth came in and Thalia followed.

"No." I slumped back in my previous seat.

Annabeth placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder and said, "Don't worry. She's gonna be fine."

I didn't answer and she sighed and leaned against the wall opposite Selena's bed.

"You must really care for this girl." Thalia fingered the roses that were by Selena's bedside table that I placed earlier.

"Of course. She may be a pain in the neck...but who wouldn't feel bad for her after what happened. Especially about Serena."

Annabeth nodded in agreement and said, "I know...Selena's gonna go through more pain when she gains her consciousness back."

There was a soft knock and Chiron, followed by a healer, came in.

"How is she?" Chiron asked, worried.

"Still unconscious." I answered glumly.

"You've been in this room 24/7, Percy." Chiron placed a hand on my shoulder. "Why don't you rest and we'll take it from here?"

"No." I said fiercely. "I am not leaving until this girl wakes up."

Chiron sighed but didn't say anything. The healer checked Selena's pulse and shook his head.

"She's still out." The healer said. "I don't mean to make all of you feel more bad, but I'm not having high expectations for her to wake up. A fall she got was bad enough, and to add to that the impact as she hit the water isn't helping her condition either."

Rage filled me and I grabbed the healer's collar. "You're a healer!" I growled. "You're supposed to cure her.

"Percy..." Thalia held me back as Annabeth uncurled my fingers from my grasp of the man.

He looked at me sadly and said, "I shall do my best." And with that, he left.

"Worthless scum." I said under my breath.

"This is not good," Annabeth said.

"What do we do now, Chiron?" Thalia asked.

"I am afraid I don't know." Chiron said sadly.

*Dining Pavillion ; Lunch time*
~~~Annabeth~~~

I feel bad for Percy. I brought him lunch a while ago cause he refused to leave the room. He asked Grover to bring him some clothes and toiletries. I think he's planning to live in the infirmary as Selena remains unconscious. Even Malcom was sulking next to me. He's been terrified of Percy since Selena passed out that's why he wasn't able to visit her.
I poked my food and sighed. He must really like her...and...I will never say this aloud, but, I have to admit, I'm very jealous of Selena. Percy cares so much about her! But what bugs me more is Serena. During the battle of the monster, I saw her. But she disappeared when I hid from her. Then, as I resumed battling the monster, she shows up and the monster grabs her. Then just as Selena's about to save her twin, the monster flung Selena to the lake, and he slowly sinked into the earth, along with Serena. This is all to suspicious! It...almost feels like it was all a plan.

*Infirmary*
~~~Percy~~~

"Selena..." I stroked her soft brown hair. "If you can hear me, please, please, wake up...I'm sorry for everything. I admit I was an obnoxious jerk to you..."

Time passed by slowly and I jumped when there was a knock on the door. I shook my head and said, "Come in."

The healer from earlier came in along with Chiron.
"What?" I rose from my seat.

"I believe I have found a cure." The healer said proudly. I felt like the heavy weight that was on my shoulders was lifted.

"Do it then!" I urged and let him pass.

Chiron smiled reassuringly and I smiled a little. The healer took out from his bag a small bottle filled with green fluid. I helped him raise Selena's head as he slowly poured the fluid in her mouth.

~~~Selena~~~

I can feel my body on fire. Is this what hell feels like? Wait, why on earth would I end up in hell? I ignored my own question and felt a disgusting taste in my mouth. I groaned as I felt pain everywhere. I couldn't move my stiff body, as if I was being squeezed. I tried to scream but not even my lips can move. I heard distant voices talking around me.

"Thank you." Was that Percy?

"Just give let her have some rest and she should be fine." An unfamiliar voice answered. I heard retreating footsteps then silence.

"When will she wake up." Percy again.

"Soon." I heard Chiron said and heard his hooves on the floor as he left the room.

I tried to open my eyes but it feels like it was glued close. There was a knock on the door and I heard entering footsteps.

"We heard she's cured." A voice of a girl said.

"About time, too." I recognized Annabeth's voice.

"Yeah." Percy said.

I felt my body loosen up and I can finally move again. I slowly opened my eyes and stretched my sore arms.

"Selena!" I looked up and saw the relieved faces of Percy and Annabeth. I saw the girl named Thalia there, smiling.

"What happened?" I tried to get up but Percy gently pushed me back.

"Hey! Watch it!" I protested.

"You should watch it, you need to rest."

"I feel fine."

"So what? You still need to rest."

"No I don't!"

"Yes you do!"

"Are they always like this?" Thalia turned to her blonde haired friend.

"Everything's back to normal." Annabeth laughed.

I smiled at everyone as I ignored Percy's smug face when I remembered the previous events.

"Where's Serena? And the monster?" I asked and everyone's smiles faded. They looked at each other knowingly.

"Well?" I asked. "Is anyone going to tell me where the hell my twin is?"

"Selena..." Annabeth whispered.

"I don't think she should know yet." Percy said sternly. "She just recovered."

"No! Tell me now!" I said.

Thalia and Annabeth looked at Percy expectantly.

He sat next to me and said slowly, "Selena, your sister is gone."