Chapter 2

*At Camp Half Blood*

"Awww, why me?" A half man, half goat whined.

"Because I said so, Grover!" A plump man retorted.

"But Mr. D! Can't you ask anyone to pick up those demigods you found?" Grover whined again. "I'm tired from searching demigods all day!"

"Which is why I chose you to do the job, Underwood!!" Mr. D smirked.

"B-But!"

"No buts!" Mr. D yelled. "Oh and bring Chase and Jackson with you. They might come in handy, unlike you."

Grover muttered something about gods being bossy and Mr D. yelled, "WHAT?!"

"Nothing sir!" Grover yelled and scampered out to get his friends.

*By the Lake*

Percy was making small waves in the water while Annabeth was reading a Greek book when Grover came.

"Hey guys." He slumped to a nearby tree.

"Hey Grove. What's up?" Percy asked.

"Mr. D made wants me pick up these two demigods."

"Cool can I come?" Percy stood up.

"Me too." Annabeth suddenly said and placed her book back in her bag.

"Yeah. Mr. D wants you two to go." Grover sighed and stood up. "Why so eager anyway?"

"Cause I'm bored." Percy grinned.

"I wanna see the outside world again." Annabeth said and rolled her gray eyes.

"Let's go then."

*Central Park*

"So..." Percy stuffed his pockets in his jacket. "Where are these two newbies?"

Grover looked down at a piece of paper and said the address. "It says here that they're twins. And that they were recently adopted by a woman named Annie White."

"There it is!" Annabeth pointed to a big house 2 blocks away.

As the three friends approached the house, the wind got stronger.

"What's with this wind....it's so strong around the house than in other places." Annabeth struggled to keep her invisibility cap in her back pocket.

They entered the house and Grover quickly closed the door.

"We finally made it without being blown away." He panted.

"Hey guys, do you hear that?" Percy asked.

The three listened carefully. There seem to be a lot of racket going on on the next floor.

"Come on!" Percy ran and led the group up to where the demigods are.

*In the room at the end of the hallway*
~~~Selena~~~

Serena screamed and ducked just as the faceless creature swung her sword.

"Serena!" I yelled from across the room. Her whole body was shaking with fear. What is this thing? And does it wanna kill us?! I looked around the room for anything to use to defend myself.

Just then, the door slammed open and I hid behind a tall dresser.

"What the hell!" I heard a male voice yell. "Grover, you never said anything about this!"

"Mr. D didn't either!!!" Another voice yelled.

"Shut up and help me kill it!" A female voice said. Serena crawled to where I was hiding and we both pushed ourselves against the wall.

"What's going on?" I whispered and realized I was crying.

"It's going to be fine..." She whispered back, her voice shaking in fear.

I heard the creature scream and its voice dissolved.

Is it over? I thought.

"Hi there." A voice in my ear said. I screamed and one of the dresser's drawer opened and slammed the person in the face.

"Whoa, Percy, are you okay?" The girl knelt beside him.

"What the hell...how did she...?"

"Doesn't matter." The other male said.

I peeked from behind my sister's shoulder and got a good look on our guests.

The first male, the one who got hit by the dresser, was glaring at me with his green eyes. I thought his eyes were like mine, when I realized his were plain green, and mine has gold specks in it. He has messy black hair as though it was never combed. I gave him a dirty look for glaring at me before glancing at the others.

The second male, whose name I found was Grover, was gaping at me. I felt pity for him as he stood on his crutches, and wondered how he survived the fight.

The last person was a female. She looked pretty with her curly blonde hair and tanned skin...I saw she has gray eyes, which suprised me at first. I expected it to be blue or something....like a typical blonde girl.

I glanced at my sister and gave her a what-do-we-do-now look.

As if reading my mind, the one named Percy said, "You could've at least said thank you. And maybe an apology for slamming me with a dresser!"

~~~Serena~~~

"It's not like I did it!" Selena snapped. I squeezed her arm, trying to beckon her to stop. They did save us, after all.

I glanced at the one named Percy again. He looked pretty cute....I wonder if he has a girlfriend...maybe we can....get together?

"How many times am I going to tell you, I DID NOT SLAM YOU!" My twin's voice broke through my thoughts.

I covered her mouth with my hand and turned to the others. "I'm sorry....she's being very rude. Thank you, for saving us."

"At least someone knows manners here." Percy scoffed.

"I'm Annabeth, by the way." The girl smiled. "And this is Percy and Grover."

"Nice to meet you." I smiled and my stomach flipped when Percy smiled.

"Not so nice meeting one of you." Selena muttered and Percy glared at her.

Annabeth sighed and said, "Come on, you two."

"Where are you taking us?" Selena asked.

"Do we know you?" I asked.

"It's kinda a long story. But we need to get out of here fast." Grover said and leaned on one of his crutches. "Before the other monsters find and kill you."