IDFB 2a: Double Trouble ♊️

October 1st, 2016, one month after IDFB 1

Fries opened his eyes and wondered why the sun wasn't shining on his face. Then he remembered: he was in Yoyle City.

He sighed and rolled out of his borrowed bed. When will I get used to this place? he thought. Ever since BFDIA 6, he and the other contestants had settled down in various houses and buildings. But even after 3 years, he still depended on the rising sun to wake him up, yet it was now blocked by the buildings around him. Habits were hard to break.

Fries stepped out of his room and walked towards the elevator - which still worked, surprisingly. Golf Ball had theorized that the previous inhabitants of Yoyle City had been gone for a long, long time. There wasn't a good reason for the electricity to still be running.

The elevator dinged and let Fries out into the lobby of the Nice Business building. He walked out and across the street to his potato garden, where Yellow Face was standing guard. "Good morning, Yellow Face!" he called out, waving.

Yellow Face turned around. "Hello, Fries!" When Fries had finished planting the Grotato seeds Tennis Ball had given him a few weeks ago, he asked Yellow Face to stand guard when Fries couldn't so that people like Gelatin and Coiny couldn't eat them before they were ready. Yellow Face was the only one he could really trust - everyone else was too mischievous, or too busy, or too apathetic.

Yellow Face looked up, at a point above Fries' head. "Your last fry is starting to rot," he said nonchalantly. Fries felt the fry through the plastic wrap on his head and sighed. It was true. "I can't bear this for much longer," Fries muttered. "Are the potatoes ready yet?"

"Almost!" Yellow Face moved aside to reveal that the potatoes were nearly full size. In about two weeks or so, they would be ripe. Fries sighed in relief. "Good. Thank you, Yellow Face."

"No problem! While you're here, would you like to buy-"

"No thanks," Fries interrupted.

"Aw."

Something caught Fries' eye, and he turned to see what it was. Tennis Ball, Golf Ball, Nickel, Gelatin, and Rocky were rounding the corner of one of the buildings, with GB in the lead. TB was dragging the wall teleporter while talking to Nickel.  Rocky was snoozing on TB's head.

Golf Ball spotted Fries and shouted, "Guys! It's time for the voting results. Come on!"

"Yeah, Fries, you don't want to be a spoilsport," Gelatin teased, noticing the slightly rotten fry.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," Fries grunted. He turned back to Yellow Face. "Can you stay here? I still don't trust the potatoes to be safe alone."

"Yup!"

"Thanks again." Fries turned again and ran over to Golf Ball, joining the group. Together, they headed down the road, over to the Locker Of Losers in the distance.

(cue IDFB intro lol)

--------------------

A few minutes later, the six of them arrived at the LOL. Pin, Needle, Coiny, and Woody were already there. Nobody was sure who had originally recovered Woody after BFDIA was cancelled, but Coiny always took care to recover him now if he died again.

Tennis Ball stopped abruptly in front of the LOL and Rocky slid off his head. "Finally!" Pin complained in her staccato voice. "We've been waiting here for an hour!"

"Where's everyone else?" Coiny asked.

"Yellow Face is guarding my potatoes," Fries replied, then gave Coiny the evil eye. "From YOU guys, I might add. Also, I don't think anyone recovered Bomby after last episode." He made a mental note to do so after all this.