IDFB 14b: The Memory Void ❌

"Get up," Leafy demanded. Seekayaitch quickly scrambled to his feet and nearly fell over due to his arms being tied at his side.

Leafy turned to the other objects. "Come on. Let's get out of this spaceship."

"Where are we going?" Donut questioned, a little suspiciously.

"To the HPRC. We need to recover everyone else and get out of this city."

"Why?" Coiny wondered. "Back when you freed Firey from atop the Yoyle Needy, you gave me that same warning. But now that we've overpowered this human here..." He gestured to Seekayaitch. "What's the danger?"

Leafy's frown grew deeper. "Well, for one thing, there's his brother. He fell out this main window here, but now he's vanished, so we'll have to find them."

"One measly human against some twenty-odd objects?" Gelatin scoffed. "He stands no chance!"

"There's more." Leafy picked up the ruins of Emwhyaitch's long-range communication device. "The other human-"

Emwhyaitch, Seekayaitch interrupted.

Leafy glared at him. "Emwhyaitch... was talking on this radio thing, I think to other humans in space. And he told them to drop some kind of neurotoxin bomb on the city." She didn't know what neurotoxin was, but anything related to a bomb couldn't be good.

Gelatin's smile wavered. "Ok. Neurotoxin is definitely bad."

".. / -.-. .- -. / ... . -. ... . / .- -. --- - .... . .-. / ... .--. .- -.-. . ... .... .. .--. / .-- .. - .... .. -. / - .... . / ... --- .-.. .- .-. / ... -.-- ... - . -- --..-- (I can sense another spaceship within the solar system,)" Roboty beeped. ".. - / .. ... / --. . - - .. -. --. / -.-. .-.. --- ... . .-. .-.-.- (It is getting closer.)"

Several people stared at him. "Does anybody even know what he's saying?" Pie asked.

"I understand Morse code," Golf Ball replied. She translated his message out loud and a few objects gulped. "How close, Roboty?"

".. / . ... - .. -- .- - . / - .... . .. .-. / ... .... .. .--. / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / -... . / .-- .. - .... .. -. / - .... . / .- - -- --- ... .--. .... . .-. . / .. -. / .- .--. .--. .-. --- -..- .. -- .- - . .-.. -.-- / - .-- --- / .... --- ..- .-. ... --..-- / .--. --- ... ... .. -... .-.. -.-- / ... --- --- -. . .-. .-.-.- (I estimate their ship will be within the atmosphere in approximately two hours, possibly sooner.)"

"Oh dear. We don't have much time." Golf Ball straightened. "I hate to say this, but Leafy is right. We must get away from this location as soon as possible."

"But where-"

"Let's just go already, alright?" Leafy interrupted Nickel. "As they said, we don't have much time."

With that, she hopped out the ship's broken windshield without waiting for anyone. Almost immediately after, her head popped back in. "Someone grab Dora, Bracelety, and the human, please."

--------------------

The half-hour walk to the Hand-Powered Recovery Center was spent mostly in silence. The waxing gibbous moon illuminated the one human and twenty-three objects as they walked, floated, or were carried along to the east and away from the burning spaceship. Pencil looked angry when she saw that the Yoyle Needle had been destroyed by the UFO's crash, and decided to use that anger as an excuse to lash out at Seekayaitch if he tried to escape. He didn't.

In the last ten minutes, Leafy finally decided to stop pondering the night's events and actually get some information. She slowed her walk slightly until she was next to Pencil and Seekayaitch.