Bad Girls Club

The Blind Bandit

"I'm just another victim of the bad girls club." - Falling In Reverse

🌊 ⛰ 🔥 🌪

"It's pricey..." Sokka pondered as he looked at an ornately sewn green and gold bag. "But I really do like it."

Leaving the Chin Village the team had now made their way to the bustling, stable town of Gaoling. Every day they traveled deeper and deeper into the Earth Kingdom towards Ba Sing Se but they were still no closer to finding Aang's earthbending teacher. Still, the Avatar tried to remain hopeful. They agreed to spend a few days resting here before moving on, and while they were here Aelita insisted it couldn't help to keep their eyes open for a Master. Somehow their looking had been derailed when Sokka started shopping.

"Then you should get it, you deserve something nice," Katara assured. After all, it was a nice bag.

"I do, don't I?" Sokka agreed ever so humbly. He glanced at the price tag and grimaced. "But no, it's too expensive. I shouldn't."

"Then don't." Aelita rolled her eyes. How exactly had they ended up in this shop anyway? Her fuse was already short as is. Her splint was now long gone and she had been working on strengthening her arm, something that was still far from pleasant. She was sore, irritable, tired, and hungry. She didn't know what she missed more right now, Iroh's jasmine tea or his aged sake. She could really go for both right now.

Not wanting to wait around any longer Katara and Aelita walked out of the shop with Aang, Momo, and Mushu on their heels. Sokka followed along reluctantly, still thinking about the gift he wanted to get himself. "You know what?" He said stopping the others. "I'm gonna get it." He smiled proudly before running back to the shop. His friends opted to wait outside.

"Seven hells." Aelita huffed as she leaned against a building wall. "Are we actually going to make it to the inn anytime soon?"

Before anyone could answer her a scraggly-looking man who reminded them just a little too much of the Mayor Tong. "Psst, psst! Hey, you kids love earthbending? You like...throwing rocks? Then check out Master Yu's Earthbending Academy." He shoved a flyer into Aang's hands then was gone and onto his next target as quickly as he came.

"Why do I have the feeling I just jinxed myself?" The Akira sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Lighten up Aelita." Aang grinned as his eyes scanned the poster. "This could be a good thing. Look! There's even a coupon on the back! The first lesson is free."

"Yippee. An earthbending master that drives a bargain. That sounds reliable."

"Don't be so negative." Katara chided the other girl. "Who knows? This Master Yu could be the teacher Aang's been looking for."

Master Yu was in fact very far from what Aang had been looking for. As the most well-known earthbending teacher in all of Gaoling Yu stood tall and beaming with pride that was misplaced. Sure, it was obvious he was a skilled bender from the demonstration he gave before the lesson he insisted on giving but the young Avatar wasn't sure he could be considered a true master. The school itself was maintained, decorated in lush earthy tones and accents of gold, and the student's uniforms Yu made them wear a reflection of the color scheme. Aang stood in the middle of the schoolyard with several much younger students on either side of and across from him, the others watching from the sideline.

"Take your stances!" Yu instructed and every child but Aang did as they were told. "Now, strike as if you're punching through your opponent's head!" The students followed their teacher's lead and the one across from Aang bent a rather heavy rock hurtling towards him. The rock connected with the Avatar's stomach and sent him crashing to the ground with a thud. Yu stood over the boy on the ground and smiled. "So, are you ready to commit to more lessons? If you pay for the whole year in advance, I'll bump you up to the next belt!"