Love - Naoyasu Kuguri 🏐

"Some guys are luckier than others"
...

"You okay?" your best friend Gou whispers into your ear as you  feel the sting of your nails breaking into your own skin "yeah" is all you manage to say your eyes never leaving the court for a second as the fierce battle between Nohebi and Nekoma rages on. You and Nao have been dating for a little over a year now and not matter how many games you watch him play it always seems to bring up the goosebumps on your skin.

The sound of the ball kissing the ground whilst shouts of anger and victory lace the field but despite putting up the best fight they could Nohbei lost in the end and you knew deep down in your heart that this would greatly effect the mood of everyone "I'm going to get some fresh air" you whisper into Gou's ear as she nods at you in sympathy and you grab your jacket and leave the stadium as the teams shake hands.

...

"Yeah it didn't end well for Nohebis side" you speak to your farther on the phone as you hear him sigh "Its hard on you with your boyfriend Nao being in Nohebi and your brother Yaku at Nekoma I just wish I could be with you" as a tear falls from your eyes "its okay dad, I gotta go okay, I love you" is all you manage before disconnecting the call and leaning on the railing as the breeze provides a sense of comfort.

"I figured I would find you here" The voice of Nao a familiar one as you refuse to turn round "its nice and quiet, allows me to think" as you continue to wipe the tears with your dress sleeve a warm arm lacing itself over your shoulder and pulling you close. "Talk to me, you shouldn't have to sink in your own thoughts" both his bright red hands taking yours.

"I feel helpless Nao, when you win it fills me with the the happiest emotion on earth and when you lose I bring words of comfort but today when you was facing my brother i didnt know how to feel" a shaky breath leaving you.

"A part of me wanted you to win but another part wanted Nekoma to win and somehow I feel like I have betrayed you and my brother" his fingers wiping your tear stained cheeks before he pulls you into a hug and rests your head on his chest.

"Listen, you have not betrayed anyone, not me, not your brother, at the end of the day a match is a match. The stakes are high and emotions are felt, if we are being honest here I cant imagine how you feel right now battling such emotion alone" as your sobs start to slow at his words "and I am not speaking as Naoyasu Kuguri I am speaking as your boyfriend and If i have to shower you with all the love in the world then so be it" a rare but bouncy laugh escaping you.

"Bit extreme dont you think? All the love in the world" as you wrap your arms around his torso and look up at him "your right, giving you the moon sounds more logical than giving all the love in the world" the wind sending a shiver down your spine as you place your warm hands round his cold neck "you made me proud today" our lips meeting at your words "and you make me proud every day" as we lock back together in emotion.

...

"What's a guy got to do to get a girl like that" Lev comments from the gap in the door as I smack him round the head "that's my sister you numb skull" his cheeks going red with embarrassment.

"Some guys are luckier than others and my sister certainly is lucky to have a caring guy like that" as I grab Levs collar and give them some privacy "so you approve of him?" He asks as I shake my head in affirmation "what about me?" The question making me stop and laugh with tears "It would have to be the end of the world before i let you near my sister" as I sprint down the hallway with Lev chaisng right after me.