Again - Keiji Akaashi 🏐 (3 final)

previously:

"And for the first time in forever happy tears left her eyes" I whisper before a cough escapes me "are you going to tell her?' Hinata pitches in quietly as I watch both of them laugh "no yet, I will one day but right now it is all about them" I mumble.

...

Akashi: 28
Y/N: 27
..

12th June.

The sun filtered through the large house making it seem like a scene from a cheesy romance film, the air con making the house feel like the artic brining piece to you and your child. Being 8 months pregnant and the prime of summer really do not mix in the slightest. "Ill be back in a hour" he said. The words sounding more like an excuse than a statement as you feel the baby kick. "I know right your dad is a liar" as you focus back on the TV screen.

Meanwhile...

"ARE YOU DELUSIONAL OR SOMETHING! BOKUTO" my voice filled with an anger I can't even explain "must be" he speaks calmly as if the situation is nothing to worry about "HOW LONG HAVE YOU KNOWN!" The answer ready to shock me "Since Y/N got back from America" and before I know it my sense of reality just vanished.

"YOUR KIDDING! YOUR SISTER IS 8 MONTHS PREGNANT AND YOU HAVENT TOLD HER THAT YOU ARE TERMINALLY SICK!" his face more red than mine as I wrap my hands around his collar

"THATS EXACTLY WHY I DIDNT TELL HER! THE DAY I WENT TO SHE TOLD ME SHE WAS PREGANNT! HOW CAN I KILL HER HAPPINESS HUH AKASHI! SHE HAS HAD SUCH A HARD LIFE!...how can i kill the only happines she has ever known" the reality of our heated debate in the air my grip releasing as shock sets in.

"I know bokuto... I know. I'm sorry" as both of us flop onto his couch "how long have you got left?" My brain trying to wrap around the fact that I could lose my best friend before he even gets to meet his Nephew.

"They estimated about a few weeks , my body is shuting down by the minute eventually I won't be able to walk, drink or even feed myself" his eyes once an electric orange now like a lifeless grey castle. "Im scared Akaashi, like hella scared" and it was in this moment that I realised something i had completely forgotten.

Even the brightest of people carry burdens darker than they know.

...

17th August.

"This is the 12th time he hasn't answered my calls!" The emotions your feeling making you feel even more agitated however one look over at your beautiful daughter in her crib that you and Aki welcomed a mere few weeks ago immedialty brings your senses to a calm. She looks so much more like her farther with her gorgeous black hair and gunmetal blue eyes.

The sound of keys entering the lock as the figure of your husband comes into view "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" Your shout causing the baby to stir as you whisper "I have been trying to reach you for hours" however your words seem to completely go over his stone golem face "I just got a call from bokutos hospital y/n".

"His condition has got worse, his stats have dropped severely and he refuses to be tube fed, they think today is the day" you can't even register a single word he is saying as the very happiness you just had moments ago vanished into the abyss.

"I wont go" your mind uttering the words with reckless abandon "Y/N please just go... he wants his little sister beside him. Not me. Not his mum or dad. You."

"Okay.".

...

"If it isn't...my little sis gracing me with her stunning presence" the once energetic and life of the party boy with dual spiked hair and a laugh enough to bring a smile to a nation now propped about against a white headboard with dark souless eyes and hair as flat as the atmosphere around us.

"Hey dumb dumb" you smile pulling up a seat next to him and taking his hand in yours "how you feeling?" Youask the question as dumb as the person asking it "like I have been hit by death itself" he jokes laughing even in your last moments you still act as if its nothing.

"Can you tell me that story...you know the one about the Girl and the wolf?" He questions as you wrap his pale cold hands in yours and stare at him with evey ounce of love you have.

"One day a little girl was strolling through the woods when she all of a sudden got herself tangled in some tree trunks astray on the floor. And no matter how much she pulled and pulled she still wasn't able to pull her foot out.

But then all of sudden a big old grey wolf came along and saw that the little girl was in trouble but he decided that he didn't want to get tangled up and went about his way. However he all of a sudden stopped and thought that maybe helping her wouldn't be so bad.

"How can i help you young miss?" He asked as her eyes filled with fear "no need to be afraid young one for i shall help you out of this mess" to which he did, using his big old snout to push the branches out the way to see her foot all red and swollen "climb on young girl for i know a safe place for you to rest".

"And so they both curled up under the bright sunlight surrounded by flowers and a river as blue as the sky until they fell into a blissful sleep" your eyes meeting his one last time as his smile slowly starts to fade.

And just like that the world goes silent as tears slowly start to fall from your eyes and land on his chest.

"I love you so much...so so much".

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

"Sleep tight big brother".