Period - Wakatoshi Ushijima 🏐

"You look like a squirrel"
...

"It hurts so much Uji" You whimpered out, curling up into a ball like an armadillo alongside Your loving husband Ushijima who laid beside you, propped up against your bed thinking back onto how you got here...

...

Your day was going perfectly well You were preparing dinner for ushijima and yourself when you all of a sudden felt a sharp stabbing pain in your stomach causing you to drop the metal utensil in your hand "Y/N?" Your husband shouted from in the garden where he was practicing his spikes "I'm okay" you lied hoping the pain would go away but to no victory and that's when you looked over at the calendar hanging on the fridge in your kitchen the letter P in big red writing as realization hit you all at once.

"SHIT!" You shouted dropping into a squat position in the middle of your giant kitchen the sound of squeaking shoes approaching "Y/N!" ushijima shouted immediately crouching next to you.

...

"The medication will kick in soon, just a little longer" He whispered sweetly  concerned eyes settling on you as he stroked your hair in an attempt at comforting you during this horrible time that cursed every woman.

You sniffled and his hand paused upon the sound. You were crying from the pain. Your husband has seen you cry many times in his life from when you broke your ankle in your 3rd year of high school, the death of your beloved dog and not to mention at your wedding, which were happy tears but that never made it easier for him and if he was being honest with himself he felt useless at times like this.

He shifts to sit upright, not wanting to disturb you as your head had been laying on his lap his big and slender hands combing through your hair, he peers over to take a look at you, noticing fresh tears streaming down your cheeks. Unable to do anything besides provide as much comfort as he could until the pain vanished.

"Do you want me to go heat the water bottle?” He asked softly, a hand coming up to tuck a stray piece of hair behind your ear before wiping away a single tear. nodding tearfully in reply, you handed him the water bottle which had lost its effect of easing your pain a mere half an hour ago.

"I’ll be right back" He commanded, not wanting to leave you for to long.

"Okay Uji"  You whispered out and he felt a red fush crawl up onto his cheeks at the nickname you gave him and he wasted no time in hurrying to get to the kitchen. When the water bottle was hot enough he returned to your room.

"Y/n?" He whispered noticing a huge lump under the covers. Calling for you softly as you remained still upon the bed, curled up into the blankets. You didn’t reply and upon further curiosity your shallow breaths and relaxed posture,  to him he found you asleep.

"The medication must have worked." Uji thought as he moved your head gently, placing his soft pillow beneath it to keep you from hurting your scalp on the firm mattress.

Risking the chance of waking you up by moving your blankets to place the purple water bottle against your lower abdomen was not one he was willing to take instead he placed it outside the blanket against your stomach your body reacting to the warmth.

He got himself comfortable on the chair in your bedroom as he filled out some paperwork for nationals, medical history and all that stuff. Taking a sneak peek at you every so often to make sure that the pain wasn’t disturbing you during your sleep. Both of you hardly got time to rest with him playing volleyball and you with modeling. Sleep was like your most important thing.

He sent Tendõ a text, asking if he could pick up a few things from the convenience store for him and drop it off, knowing he lived close-by only to be met with a smile emoji and a wink face from the middle blocker.

By the time you woke up, feeling much better than before. Uji presented you with a multitude of your favourite sweets and snacks. He knew you had a sweet tooth when you dived into the pick N Mix stand at your wedding.

You couldn’t complain and even offered him to have some. They weren’t exactly his favourite but you didnt need to know that. He was just glad you were feeling better and that there was finally a smile on your face.

"You look like a squirrel" he speaks bluntly the sweets stuffed either side of your cheeks causing a laugh to escape him.