Miracle - Köshi Sugawara 🏐

"Our little miracle"
...

Sugawara was always someone who kept his emotions in check and never let them get out of line, someone who showed only as much as he wanted to for the sake of others however as time went for him and Y/N he started to slowly let that wall crack.

When he found that the chances of his wife becoming pregnant were little to none and after the first, no second, no third negative pregnancy test that's when it really started to show.

With each and every negative his wife had, Suga would help her and support her, wishing with all he had that this one would be a miracle. "It all my fault Suga, you are better of without me" Y/N once cried in front of him while eating "dont be stupid Y/N, will make this happen I swear" he would reply back with the same fleeting confidence.

A few months later in the beginning of summer he would then help his wife deal with yet another Negative and comfort her because he knew first hand how much she has had to go through. it is not like he was the one taking that kit.

Though he tried to keep the negative thoughts away, Suga was beginning to inevitably wonder if he’d ever have a child that was the carbon copy of both him and Y/N with their mothers gorogues E/C eyes and his off white hair. Upon seeing his wife however, he immediately wanted to kick himself for thinking such nonsense and he remembers the conversation he had with Ushijima weeks ago.

"It took me and my wife 10 times before we finally conceived" the tall former shiratorizawa high school player now a Professional volleyball player softly comforted as if lighting that once dead spark inside of suga.

Suga had always been good with children, and now that he had a wonderful wife that wanted a child as much as he did, well, he wasn’t going to just give in to these consecutive failed pregnancies and was determined that one last time he would try.

"Let’s try again, Y/N" he said, forcing a smile onto his tired face, like he had done many times before. His wife, noticing the facade he placed right away, pulled her loving husband into a gentle hug, nodding at his words. 

"Okay, one last time".

And December the 24th, one day before Christmas it was with certainty- his wife....

Was pregant.

The words pregant lightening up on the digital pregnancy test the numbers 1-2 underneath it. he immediately felt every ounce of worry, pain, happiness and excitement was over him before pulling Y/N into a hug and sobbing his heart out for what felt like forever the silence bringing a sense of comfort.

The first two months were easy, the small bump starting to form as the pair were out browsing for baby clothes.

The third and fourth month were very exciting to, the nursery was now complete with a mixture of grey and white tones to make it as neutral as possible a rocking chair placed in the corner just waiting so they could find out the sex and add decorations.

The fifth and six month was when they were hit with the surpise gender reveal party attended by all their close friends from Karasuno, nekoma, Aoba, Fukoro and shiratorizawa all those years ago and many more they made along the way as 3 pink balloons emerged from the black box your husband immediately shouting in happiness at the thought of having a little princess to love and protect.

And before you knew it the time came. It was a breezy autumn day when Y/N all of a sudden felt her waters break from the kitchen frantically shouting for Her husband.

They were at the hospital, his wife squeezing his hand as the doctor told her to push, Suga felt his heart hammer in his chest, not knowing what he was feeling, or what to expect because he’d never experienced this before. Would their be any complications, what if the baby or Y/N died, he came across it in one of his pregnancy books about the mother dying during child birth the mere thought making him feel sick in such a joyous moment.

He soon found himself chanting in his head the word "please" whilst kissing his wife’s fingers interlocked with his as the sheer force made his hand go numb. He never thought they’d get this far, yet here they were.

And then it happened. The screaming of his wife was over, and replaced with a new and more joyous sound...

crying.

The doctor handed Suga a pair of scissors. As the once karasuno setter cut the umbilical cord. His brown eyes gazed down at the infant, feeling love blossom in his chest and just as he imagined their were these gorogues E/C eyes just like her mother. He then carefully placed the newborn princess into the arms of her mother, before returning to his chair right beside his wife’s hospital bed.

Suga was always someone who kept his emotions in check Now, he didn’t have to hold back and was able to enjoy this happy moment. Joining his wife and child, Suga cried. His wife cried, and smiled, and loved more than he had ever known in his life "our little miracle" he whispered to his wife.