Chapter 7

3rd person POV:

"Adithi...if you don't sit still, I'm gonna take you back home." A woman was telling a little girl sitting in the theatre seat next to her.

"Ma...I can't see." Adithi said.

"Alright, sit on my lap." The lady said pulling the girl on her lap.

It was 5 years since Rashmi had left her family and everything for her daughter. Adhiti was her everything.

Soon after the movie, the two got in their car and left.

"Kriti..." Adhiti was running to her mom's friend Kritika.

"Hey, Kriti...when did you come back?" Rashmi asked.

"Just today. The trip to India was hell. You know the CEO of that company had attitude problems. He judges people too soon." She said.

"So was it a success?" She asked.

"Yes! He said he will come to the meeting here with our boss. I just can't wait for this deal to be over." She said.

"Don't worry man...everything will be alright," Rashmi said.

"Alright...Adhiti...look what I brought for you from India." Kriti said as she handed her a wrapped gift.

"Yayyyy!! Gifts..." Adhiti yells as she took the box and opens it up.

"Dolls...and Indian candy....kinder joy...yay!!" She was screaming while jumping up and down.

"Adhiti..." Rashmi fried to stop her but snatching her gifts as Adhiti started to cry.

"No screaming," Rashmi said as Adhiti stopped crying and glared at her mom.

This only reminded her of Vijay. There was not one day she had not thought about him. She found out that he woke up 2 years back from people but she didn't want to go meet him.

Who knew, maybe he was married, in love or something.

"Kriti...can I go to India with you next time?" Adhiti asked.

"Sure hun. But I think your mom is going in a few weeks." Kriti said.

"She's going? Without me?" Adhiti was mad.

"Mommy!! Mommy!" She yelled running toward her.

"I want to go to India." She was screaming.

"Yes, honey...we're going to India soon cause I need to finish up a project there," Rashmi said as Adhiti started to jump in happiness.

Rashmi didn't want to go to India and had never gone in 5 years. She didn't want to face him. She can't see him with another girl even when it was on the news.  But her boss wants her to go meet his client in India who will not be able to come here.

Adhiti was counting her days to go to India. She craved for her grandparents and especially her father. Her mother said she didn't have anybody but she wasn't stupid to understand that her mother was lying to her. She was a big girl now and heard about divorces. She believes her parents were divorce though her mom still loves her dad.

Back in India, Vijay had everything he ever wanted but no Rashmi. He couldn't find her whatsoever. No matter where he looked, she wasn't there.

His mother was supportive of him when he said he needs to find his Rashmi and his child but his dad was still mad at Rashmi's parents.

Rashmi's parents weren't even there anymore. They moved to a different place far away from home. They couldn't reach their daughter and was only left with pain and regret.

"Rash...if we're destined together, you'll come back for me. I'm craving for the love that you have showered on me for all these years." Vijay said to himself.