Chapter 5

I heard screams. My mother was screaming for me. I tried to open my eyes but I couldn't. It was as if I couldn't control my body anymore. Was I dead? I tried to get up but I only heard screaming and crying.

"He's in coma ma'am." I heard a voice and that's when I realized I was in a coma in a hospital.

I can't be here, I should be with Rashmi...explaining how much I love her.

Soon the room was quiet and nobody spoke. I realized I was alone but it hurts so much to realize that I am here and I can't even do anything about Rashmi. I shouldn't even be alive. How is she going to handle everything?

Then I heard Shiva's voice. He was in the room yelling at me for leaving him alone and begged me to wake up. Shiva didn't know about Rashmi and basically, nobody knew about what happened yesterday.

"Rashmika...he is in a coma." I heard his voice.

He was talking to Rashmi. My Rashmi...I wanted to speak too...please Rashmi...where are you? Why are you not here yet?

"You fool...you left me all by myself to handle the situation alone right? Why Vijay? Get up you fraud...quit lying and get up." I woke up to Rashmi's voice but I still couldn't open up my eyes and talk to her. I could feel her head in my chest but I couldn't touch her.

"Vijay...what am I gonna tell my parents now? I wanted to talk to you first before telling them about this...please da...wake up." She was screaming at this point and I felt feeble and worthless. I left her when she actually needed me.

"What is she doing here?" I heard my mom's voice

"Aunty...she wanted to see him so..." Shiva was trying to stop her but it was too late.

"If she wanted to meet him, why meet at this time? Sneaky brat." She was saying.

Mom, stop...please don't hurt her more than how hurt she is now. Please, mom...I already hurt her enough. I wanted to stand up for her in front of my mom but I couldn't.

I could hear things but I was never able to wake up. I tried to get up as much as possible but my body and brain weren't cooperating at all.

Vijay...how are you doing?" I heard her voice after a long long time.

"I do not have any other choice but to leave all of you guys in peace. Thanks for being an amazing friend all these years. I never realized it all of these years but I had fallen for you deeply. I didn't want to betray our friendship but I did love you Vijay and I still do." She said

Rashmi...what the hell? You're not supposed to say that now. Tell me when I wake up so that I can hug you tight and tell you never to leave me and that I love you as much as you love me.

" Oh I am pregnant now and I do not know how my parents will take it but I wrote a letter and left it on my bed. I don't remember anything that happened that night but I will never forget what a lovely person you were all this time." She was crying now.

She is pregnant? With my child? Rashmi...poor thing...I'm sorry I left you like this. Just hang on a little longer and I'll come back to you.

"I am going to leave. Forever. I don't know when you would wake up but if you do, Divya will tell you how I have to leave. And why I had to leave. I don't expect you to love me but I will always cherish you in my heart. I guess that's all Vijay. Please wake up soon cause your parents are suffering every day." She said breaking my heart.

How much bad news is she gonna tell me in one day? What she's leaving? No, she can't leave me.

"Rashmi....don't leave me!!" I was shouting but she couldn't hear me.

"Please Rashmi just a little longer...please!" I was begging her but she couldn't hear me.