Chapter 20

Suddenly anger flashed through his eyes as he closed the door on them. Adhiti rang the door again irritated. This time a lady opened and Adhiti smiled at her as she smiled back opening her mouth to ask who she was.

She looked up and saw Rashmika standing in front of her looking down.

"Rashmi!!!" She ran to her and hugged her.

"Where were you all this time?" She asked as Adhiti smiled at her mother who was crying with joy right now.

"I'm Sorry ma.."She said.

"You thought I would kill your daughter?" She asked with hurt.

Adhiti knew it was her grandma and realized her grandpa was mad at her mom. She walked inside and saw him standing there emotionless.

"Grandpa..." She said as the man looked at her.

"Get out of my house." He said.

"Your house? This is my house too...my mom's house." She said.

"Your mom ran away with that good for nothing fraud...they tricked her into.." He didn't know why he was trying to explain to a kid.

"I don't care...you're my grandpa." Adhiti said.

"I don't have a daughter nor a grandchild." He said as he tried to walk away but Rashmika was inside now crying on her mother's shoulder.

"I'm sorry Ma..I'm sorry pa.." She said.

"Sorry for what? :Leaving us when we needed your love? Forgetting how we had raised you for 20 years? Or for thinking that we will kill our own grandchild?" He asked.

"I'm sorry for everything...I didn't know how to face it." she said.

"No matter what, she is our daughter..." Her mother said as her father glared at her mom.

"Your daughter thought I was murderer...just cause I hated his dad." He pointed at Vijay.

"It wasn't vijay's fault that day...we're equally responsible.." She said.

"I didn't say anything about him cause he is a stranger. But just so you know, I knew he was not like his parents and that was the only reason why I let you even near him." He said as Rashmika continue to cry.

"Dad, please...accept me back." Rashmika cried running roward her father and hugging her.

"Grandpa...I missed you...Mommy only told me about you but I knew she love you alot. Please?" Adhiti spoke.

"How is this little kid so matured?" Her father laughed as he reached for her as she walked toward her.

"What did you do? It wasn't you who ran away." He said looking at the child.

"Uncles..."vijay said he looked up at him.

"When did you wake up from Coma?" He asked.

"I'm sorry uncles...it was actually my fault. I was supposed to keep her safe but I myself..." He stopped.

"Atlast she is back." Her father said hugging her back.

"You are my daughter Rashmika...Yes I was mad at you but how can i be mad at you for long after seeing you cry like this?" He asked as they all smiled.

"Grandpa.." Adhiti ran to her grandpa.

"What's her name?' He asked.

"Adhiti." Adhiti said.

"Nice name." He smiled.

"Now...it's marriage time?" Adhiti asked reminding everyone.

"Yes baby...it is." Her grandma picked her but and kissed her cheeks.

"Yay!" Adhiti was screaming again.