Chapter 4

Vijay's POV:

It was Friday night and the stupid girl won't even listen to me. I left her for one sec to talk to Shakthi and she gets drunk. She never drank in her life so I was worried about her. I have to stop her but she was drinking it raw and with no water. Stupid girl.

"Rash...stop...you're gonna..." she started as she threw up on the floor.

"Fuck..." she said as I lifted her.

I wouldn't have drunk if I knew she was gonna do this. I have to get her home before uncle and aunty finds out.

I took her in my car and went to her neighborhood. I parked my car almost a block away from her house cause uncle and aunty must be home by now. They were good parents but they never had time for Rashmi. That's what made her feel more unsecured than anything.

"I...don..th...likkkeee imm... I onthly love...viiijjjaayyy." She said.

"Wait what?" I was starting to feel dizzy myself.

"Who...needsss himmm?" She was mumbling.

"I nevvverrr likkked him...I don't want to betraaaayyy youuu buthh I love you.." she was saying.

Did she like me? I thought it was just I who had these mixed feelings for her. I need to talk to her about this tomorrow. I didn't want to betray our friendship either that's also why I haven't said a word.

"Viiijaaay " she was mumbling my name again and again.

Since uncle and aunty were asleep by now, I decided to use her key and bring her inside. I laid her on her bed as she held my hand.

"Vi..jay...don't leeaavveee meee." She whined pulling my hand.

"I can't stay...I am also drunk...we'll talk in the...morning...bye..." I said as I took her fingers off my wrist.

"No...sleep...I will...screammmm if...you leave..." she said drunk.

Jesus Christ the girl is a pain in the ass. I lay down next to her as she hugged me tight not letting me go away.

"Rashmi..." I said as she started to kiss my cheeks.

Awww, how cute. This was a new feeling of love and both of us were hiding it from each other.

Suddenly her lips crashed into mine urging my drunken self to take control of her. I knew that we're about to do was wrong but she didn't stop me and neither did I stop her.

I woke up the next morning and everything came back to me. Fuck...this is wrong. I was ashamed of taking advantage of the situation. I couldn't believe I slept with the girl who trusted me no matter who she was even if I was going to propose her today. Now I can't since she is gonna hate me now.

I got dressed and wrote a note and left. I didn't want to be there. She called me when she woke up but I was too ashamed to pick up the call. I didn't want to face her. She was my best friend but I didn't know how to explain myself.

Alright...I'm gonna propose her and tell her how I love her and had always loved her just the way she had hidden her love for me. Maybe this might be a temporary solution but I would have to persuade both of our parents to get married.

Hello?" I said softly as I could hear her sigh in relief.

"Vijay...we need to meet up now." She said.

"I'm busy Rashmi." I said.

"What's more important to you huh?" She shouted.

"Get your ass here now." She screamed making me want to laugh at her childishness

"Fine...but.." I started as I looked up to see a truck coming my way. Before I could react, the car hit me and everything went black.

The last thing I remember when everything went black was Rashmi. The girl I loved and the girl who I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.