Chapter 3

"I am gonna..tell my parents..." I finally said.

"And I don't want to kill this baby.  If I stayed, they might make me abort so I'm gonna write a letter and leave from here," I said.

"Are you sure you haven't bumped your head?" she asked.

"How man? How can I live here in just his memories?" I asked.

"What do you mean? You love him?" She asked.

"Yes...I did. I didn't notice it when he was always there but now, he's the only thing I think about and these weeks have been hell without talking to him." I said.

"I think you're making a bad decision by leaving...what if he wakes up?" Divya asked.

"If he wakes up, tell him I'm gone and I won't disturb him and won't betray his friendship," I said.

"Girl...you're dumb." She said trying to make me change my decision but I can't and I won't.

I wrote a letter to my parents explaining everything. I told them I was leaving since I couldn't live here without him and that I need to raise my child without the fear that they would kill it. I knew they will be heartbroken but there was no way around it.

I went to see Vijay who was still in a coma. This time Aunty saw me go in and I promised never to come back if she lets me go now. Uncle wasn't fond of the idea but Aunty knew I wouldn't break a promise.

"Vijay...how are you doing?" I said and stared at him.

"I do not have any other choice but to leave all of you guys in peace. Thanks for being an amazing friend all these years. I never realized it all of these years but I had fallen for you deeply. I didn't want to betray our friendship but I did love you Vijay and I still do.

Oh... and I am pregnant now and I do not know how my parents will take it but I wrote a letter and left it on my bed. I don't remember anything that happened that night but I will never forget what a lovely person you were all this time.

I am going to leave. Forever. I don't know when you would wake up but if you do, Divya will tell you how I have to leave. And why I had to leave. I don't expect you to love me but I will always cherish you in my heart. I guess that's all Vijay. Please wake up soon cause your parents are suffering every day." I said as I looked at him.

"I love you, Vijay," I said as I kissed his forehead and left.

I walked outside wiping my tears as Aunty went inside.

"Doctor...Doctor.." She was screaming as the doctors raced in.

"What did you do? He is moving his fingers..." She said in joy hugging me.

"There is a lot of improvement in his health now...we believe he will wake up soon." The doctors said as I smiled weakly.

"What did you do?" His dad was asking me now.

"I...didn't do anything... I'll get going Uncle and Aunty." I said as they smiled at me for the first time in forever.

"Rashmika..." Aunty said.

"Yes, aunty?" I asked.

"I'm sorry I misunderstood you. You're nothing like your parents." She said smiling.

"Aunty, go see Vijay... I'll be leaving now Aunty." I said with a weak smile on my face.

Soon I left the spot though my heart was still there. I wanted to see him. I want to tell him how much I love him at this point and I didn't care if he thinks I took advantage of our friendship.