Chapter Twenty-Seven: Harry

Later that night, Harry and Ron snuck down the boys' staircase to meet the girls in front of the fireplace. Harry had his father's cloak draped over one arm and he was anxious to get to the third-floor corridor and stop Professor Snape from helping Voldemort come back. At the bottom of the staircase, they run into Hallie, Prim, and Hermione. "Are you ready?" Harry says quietly.

"As ready as we ever can be, I guess." Hallie says in reply to him. Harry nods and they start to walk towards the doorway when all of a sudden, they hear a chair move and Harry stops dead in his track.

Neville stands up from his chair and looks at the five of them with complete and total disappointment all over his face. "What are the five of you doing? Are you trying to lose Gryffindor even more points?"

"Neville, you don't understand what is going on. It's a matter of life and death." Harry says to try and show him that what was happening was very serious without giving him a lot of information.

Neville just stares at them and sighs sadly. "I can't let you five lose Gryffindor anymore points. I'm going to have to go to Professor McGonagall. How can you five even do this? Wouldn't the fact that the house despises most of you, would stop you from trying to do something stupid like this."

"I'm sorry Neville." Hermione says before quickly pulling her wand out and casts, "Petrificus Totalus." And just like that Neville falls to the floor, paralyzed. "I really didn't want to do that Neville but you gave us no choice. We promise that we won't get caught or lose the house anymore points. Come on guys, we need to get going."

Ron looks from Hermione to Neville and then back to Hermione before saying, "Bloody hell, Hermione. When did you learn that spell? We are not supposed to learn it until year two or three."

"I started to learn the spell over the Christmas holiday, but I only had mastered it a few weeks ago. Now, come on." Hermione says as Hallie starts to wrap her cloak around the three girls. The boys follow Hallie's lead and the five young Gryffindors sneak out of their common room, hopefully for the last time. They make their way to the third-floor corridor and to the lock door before stopping right in front of it.

Hallie and Harry pull the clocks off and they go and hide them over in a suit of armour. "Everyone knows what to do, right?" Harry asks as Prim pulls out a small wooden flute.

"I'll play Hagrid's flute until the other three jump in, then I'll jump in and lastly you will jump in." Prim says as she takes in a breath to probably settle her nerves.

"Actually, Prim, let me play it. I would feel much better if I was the one playing. We all need to make sure we have our wands out. Hermione, will you do the honours?" Harry asks and Hermione nods her head.

She pulls out her wand before saying, "Alohomora." And just like that, Hermione has the door unlocked and Hallie pulls it open.

"Harry, hand me the flute. I actually know how to play it." Hallie tells her twin.

"No, I don't want you anywhere near that beast. You're my baby sister, which means I need to be the one that goes last." Harry counters.

Hallie sighs and rolls her eyes. "Harry, I know how to take care of myself. Please let me play the flute. I'll be able to keep Fluffy asleep better than you would." Harry and Hallie have a staring contest for a couple of seconds before Harry hands over the flute. "Thank you." The five young Gryffindors walk in through the door and notice that Fluffy was already sleeping by the sound of an enchanted harp.

"Crap, Professor Snape has already come through. We need to hurry." Harry says just as the harp stops playing. Thankfully, Hallie was already ready to play the flute, so Fluffy only growled a little. Harry walked over to the trap door and pulls on the ring to open it. He looks down but can't see anything because of how dark it was. "Lumos Solem." Harry points his wand down into the whole but still couldn't see anything. "Nox." He turns to his friends before saying, "I can't see anything. If anything happens to me when I jump in, go to the Owlry and send Hedwig to Professor Dumbledore. Tell him everything." With that, Harry takes a deep breath before climbing into the hole and letting go. He falls for a bit before landing on something soft. Feeling around, he finally decides that whatever he landed on must be some type of giant plant. "Okay, it's safe to come on down."