Chapter Twenty-Two: Harry

Harry was sitting on Hallie's bed watching her get ready in the mirror that was attached to her dresser. "Why did Gran decide on this dress! Aren't you too young to wear it?" He groaned. He was really starting to hate the dress even though his sister was doing everything she could to cover herself up.

"I don't know why, Harry! But I like it. I feel really pretty in it." Hallie tells him after she finishes putting on some lip gloss. She turns around to face him and he did have to admit that his sister looked beautiful. The dress was a spaghetti strap red dress that ended a little bit above her knees and it had a lace up tie thing running from the top of the dress to about where his sister bellybutton probably was at. And he was right about how she did try to cover herself up with black tights that ran into black ankle boots with some studs at the top. She was also wearing a black long-sleeved cardigan. Around her neck, was her new 'H' letter necklace that Melanie had given her for Christmas and she was wearing her single heart bracelet from Mrs. Figg around her wrist. Aunt Petunia had come upstairs earlier and had curled both Hallie's and Prim's hair and Hallie had her bangs pushed back with a skinny black head band with a black bow on it.

Harry sighed before falling back onto her bed. "You do look very pretty, Hals. I just don't like it since I'm your big brother." Hallie laughed as she walked over to her brother just as Prim came running into the room with Ron and Dudley.

"People are already arriving!" Prim greets happily. "Goodness, Hals, you look wonderful! Seamus shall love you in that." Prim joke as Hallie blushed red. "Gosh, I'm just kidding! We should really start to head downstairs soon to greet our friends!"

Hallie sighed but linked her arm with her cousin, "You look great to, Prim. That green dress looks amazing on you!" Hallie was right. The green sleeveless dress fell to Prim's knees and she was wearing black tights, black boots with studs, and her new 'P' letter necklace from Melanie.

"Thanks, mum said that she helped pick out all of our clothing for tonight." Prim says with a smile. "So, mum was able to choose colours that matched Harry's and Dudley's eyes. She had to guess with you, but I told her that you did have blue eyes." Prim said with a blush as Aunt Petunia walked up.

"Kids, Hermione and her family are here." Aunt Petunia tells them with a smile as she gives Prim and Dudley a kiss on the forehead. "Prim and Hallie, you look so beautiful! Mum and I picked out amazing dresses. I was worried that the red of your dress would clash with your hair, Hallie, but I'm glad it didn't."

Hallie smiled before saying a quiet 'thank you' as Prim looked her mum up and down. "You look beautiful, mum."

"Thank you sweetheart. I wanted to make sure I looked nice since I would have my associates here tonight." Aunt Petunia said before she walked back down the stairs.

Harry looks over at his cousins and says, "I'm so happy, Aunt Petunia is able to do work with the Esher's newspaper. I love that she's able to do something that she loves to do."

Prim was about to say something when they heard someone opening the front door and Gran's voice carrying up the stairs. "Dudley, Piers and a few of your friends from school are here."

Dudley grins before racing down the stairs to meet up with his friends. "Come on, let's go find Hermione and Cordelia." Hallie says with a smile and the group of four makes their way to find their friend. Once they finally find her, Harry stops in his place because he couldn't believe that the girl he was seeing in front of him. She was wearing a sleeveless red Christmas dress with black tights and boots. The actual scene on the dress was Santa Clause flying his sleigh over snow covered houses. When he walked closer, he notices that she is wearing her 'H' letter necklace.