Chapter 3

"Lucas, can you call me if you hear anything?" I ask him as I stand up.

"For sure, you're heading out now?" he questions.

"Yeah, I need to talk to my boss," I answer. Nash and Aurora stand up as well but before we can leave Lucas reaches out grasping my wrist.

"Let me talk to you for one second," he tells me. I look at him in question as Aurora and Nash look at the two of us, though Nash, Nash has a strange look on his face. It's like his expression just darkened for a moment.

"I'll meet you guys at the station," I tell them. Aurora tugs onto Nash's arm and looks like he wants to disagree but with Aurora pulling on his arm he decides to go along with her, taking one last glance at me before walking out. As soon as the door closes I face Lucas, my eyebrow raised.

"Did you really think I was going to let you go without asking first? This is my first time seeing anyways," he tells me as he leans against the bar.

"What are you talking about?" I ask looking at him in confusion.

"That's the guy, right? The one you always talked about when you were drunk," he smirks.

"I don't know what you're talking about," my eyes avert from his as he lets out a bark of laughter.

"I thought you had it bad but it seems he does too," he chuckles.

"What do you mean I have it bad? I don't have anything bad," I rebuke. "Plus what do you mean he does too?"

"The whole time you were talking if only you could have seen how he was looking at you," he says in between laughter.

"Lucas, you know I don't care about relationships and I don't want any. You personally should know where I stand," I say with a pointed look. Three years ago Lucas tried to get me to go out with him but got the message when I said I wasn't looking for anything serious.

"I know but even if I don't know why you're so against it, doesn't mean he could be bad for you. I've heard enough rants about him from you," he tells me as I walk towards the door. "Just keep an open mind about him alright? I want you to be happy too," is the last thing I hear as I step out of the bar.

It's not as easy as you think Lucas. Scenes of my last relationship back in British Columbia flashes in my mind and my fingers tighten into a fist. I don't know if I can go into something serious again. I get inside my car and drive away from the bar pushing the conversation to the back of my mind, not the time to think about that. It takes me a good fifteen minutes to drive to the station and I decide I might as well talk to Jason first before going back to my desk. I knock on his door before opening it, taking a peek inside to see him typing away on his computer.

"I already heard how it went at the bar with Lucas from Nash," he tells me as I walk inside sitting across from him.

"Okay but I was thinking if no one has heard of it, what are the possibilities it's being spread through within the elite? After all the club is one for people that have money," I suggest. "If it was on the streets, word would have spread since people talk."

"You mean something exclusive for themselves only?" he questions.

"Exactly, something that's so pricey no normal person would be able to get their hands on it. Think about it, we find a weird substance coming from an elite club; seems plausible right?" I say leaning back in my seat.

"So what are you suggesting then?" he questions.

"We go undercover at another club and see if we can get any information," I smirk. "Infiltrate the elites. If we found something at this club I'm sure we'll find it at another."