Chapter 1.1 | Kidnapped

𝐍𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

"What the fuck is he doing not picking up his damn phone?" Once again Felix's voicemail comes through the speaker as I hang up again. Jason mobilized the two of us along with other officers to go through Georgia's brother's house and he's a fucking no-show for the last thirty minutes. The other officers have already collected everything that we need to look over and all that's left are his computers and his second phone, something that is Felix's expertise. Guess it's time to call Jason and let him know what's going on. Just as I'm going to call him his number flashes across the screen. 

"Nash, where are you?" he asks bluntly when I pick up.

"We're still at the house but I was just about to call you, Felix hasn't come here yet and he's not answering his phone," I reply.

"Shit, if he's not there with you then he's already made his move," he replies, his voice filled with anger. My brows furrow when he says he already made his move.

"What do you mean he's made his move Jason? What's going on?" I ask as I step outside of the house. 

"The day Natalia went to see Georgia and talk with her she managed to bug her computer and was working on it here at the precinct. She found out that Felix is involved in all of this mess alongside the other two, he's the one that's been trying to erase and cover their online presence," he explains leaving me dumbfounded. If the other person we were searching for this whole time was Felix then he was playing us the whole time right under our fucking noses. 

"Where is he?" I question sharply. 

"I need you to get back to the precinct, we've got a problem here. I'll inform one of the officers inside right now that you're needed back and to continue the search without you," he says before hanging up. I don't even waste a second as I jog to my car, unlocking it before starting; after hearing this revelation from Jason it's one of the rare times my blood is boiling. I pull away from the house, one hand on the wheel while the other is dialling Natalia's number. It doesn't even ring and instead goes straight to voicemail.

"What the fuck? She never has her phone off," I mutter as I dial the number again but once more it goes straight to voicemail. Natalia not picking up her phone, Jason saying there's a problem at the precinct and he needed me back there; I have a gut feeling that somehow she's involved in this.

It takes me another twenty minutes of driving before I reach the precinct and I don't care if I park haphazardly in the lot before I'm rushing out of my car and into the building. My feet automatically lead me to Jason's office and I don't bother knocking on the door, instead throwing it wide open. 

"Please don't break the hinges on my door," Jason says as I walk up to his desk. 

"Where is she?" I ask getting straight to the point. He doesn't answer and pulls out his phone, tapping the screen before putting it on speaker for me to hear. Natalia's voice comes through the phone, her tone sounds frustrated but before she can continue her phone can be heard falling onto the ground and then something heavy falling next to it before it's abruptly cut.

"I got a call from her fifteen minutes ago, she was telling me that she went to Georgia's office but couldn't find her there. Just hearing this I knew something wasn't right and I went to the forensics lab and found her phone on the ground near the entrance, clearly stepped on," he says, nodding his head at the bin next to him, a broken phone in a clear plastic evidence bag. "I already put an order in for a warrant for the building security cameras."

"She had a feeling something like this might happen to her, especially because of how close she was to finding everything though it seems she hit the jackpot on who was working behind the scenes," I comment as I think about that piece of shit working with us, acting concerned about everything. "I'm pretty sure he's the one that sent Aurora to her apartment," I add as Jason's face turns grim.