Chapter 26

I know I debated on seeing Aurora's interrogation but let's be honest, there was no way I was going to miss out on this. I'm standing outside of the interrogation room with Nash beside me, since we were working with her we're automatically ruled out from questioning her. And besides, since she came after me, I have to stay far away from this as possible.

Her nose is blue and black, her hair in knots, her skin pale from exhaustion and I stop myself from smirking at the sight. She's sitting across from Jason and Jax and I can already tell she's not going to be cooperative with either of them.

"We're going to ask you again, who instructed you to go after Natalia and where is the burner phone you dumped," Jason demands and she crosses her hands in front of her as she blows her bangs from her face. 

"I don't know, the only way I had of contacting them was through a burner phone and that has been already destroyed," she says calmly while Jason looks at her in skepticism.

"You want to elaborate on that for me?" he says and I know if it wasn't such a serious situation he'd be rolling his eyes.

"I burned it. They said to get rid of it after I failed and I know if I threw it in the garbage or something it could be found so I burned it instead," she says as she shrugs her shoulders. "I have to think one step ahead of you all. Is there anything else you want to ask me because that's all I know." She has a smug face as she looks at Jason and he silently picks up his tablet before walking to the door. 

"Cuff and take her back into holding. It'll be your last day here before you're moved into a formal jail cell awaiting your preliminary trial," he tells Jax but his eyes are on Aurora's as he says that.

"Before I go, I know Natalia is sitting outside watching all this. I doubt that bitch would want to miss seeing her handy work nor hear whatever I have to say," Aurora comments as she looks at the one-way glass. "Just because you managed to stop me doesn't mean whoever wanted that laptop isn't going to come after you again. You'd have to be an idiot to think they'd leave you all alone now that you've started exposing their business. Just a little warning," she says as her lips curl into a twisted smile.

"We won't let anything happen to you, I won't let anything happen to you," Nash says in a low voice as he discreetly takes my hand and moves his head as if he's going to whisper in my ear but instead presses a quick and chaste kiss to my temple. With my hair down today, it blocks the cameras from seeing that action; got to keep it professional at work.

"I know they won't and I know you won't," I reply as I squeeze his hand once before dropping it as the door to the room we're in opens. "Can I just say I'm not surprised she did that?"

"She wanted to make sure it was gone and she did. The only lead we have now is the email which Felix is still working on tracing," Jason says as he stands beside me. We watch Jax cuff Aurora before leading her outside. "You know you need to be more vigilant now after what she said."

"I know, I put a major target on my back after tricking her but it was worth it, we got intel which is most important right now. All we need now is the warrant and I feel like it's going to be case closed soon," I say as I stand up and we follow Jason back to our area of the precinct. "Besides, things like this are an occupational hazard." Jason turns around to flick me on the forehead as he frowns down at me. 

"Yes but you have friends that care about you not to mention him and don't forget the kid you're looking after because she is quite attached to you," he says as his eyes flicker to Nash and I frown for a second before nudging my arm with his.

"Don't worry I'll be careful," I tell him as I look at both him and Nash. "And even though you didn't mention it, I know you're part of that list too," I say with a teasing smile as he just scoffs and rolls his eyes.