prom

BIG TIME PROM KINGS

BIG TIME PROM KINGS

GABRIELA USUALLY kept her cool when walking down towards the lobby, but today was different

She had her earbuds in her ear and she danced her way down and out of the lobby.

She felt someone grab her wrist and she turned seeing James.

She pulled her earbuds out and smiled, "Hey."

He placed the crown on her head and smiled.

Gabriela didn't know what it was but recently James had tried in every aspect to go on at least one date with her and why wouldn't prom be the perfect time to ask.

She flicked her eyes up and saw the crown that was placed on her head.

"This has some weight to it." She said.

"Because it's not cardboard." James said.

The three others stood behind Gabriela waiting to see what was going to happen.

"Are you going to prom?" He asked.

"I don't think so." She said, "Sorry, James."

She placed the crown back on his head and turned, but she was blocked by the others.

"What?" She questioned.

Carlos grabbed her shoulder and gently shook her, "Are you out of your mind? The dress from the night you didn't walk the carpet. You can wear that."

She held Carlos' forearms and held her hands there, his hands still on her shoulders.

"I don't wanna go. Everyone is gonna have a good time, but I think I'm gonna sit this one out."