16

Zak went to the door and saw Billy and Aaron were there with their wives/fiancée.  "Can we come in?" BIlly asked.  "Sure".  As they came in Zak gave Aaron the evil eye.  "Sarah you remember Billy and Aaron.  These lovely ladies are Billy's wife Paula and Aaron's fiancée Amber" Zak stated.  As the girls talked Zak took the guys outside.  "What the hell guys?".  "We thought that Sarah might need some girlfriends so we brought them over" Aaron said.  "Are you doing this to reconsider retiring?". 

"Come on Zak you'll probably doing this until the end of time".  "Guys since we started doing this my personal life has become a carp storm and now that I'm becoming a father I need to put my son first and give up ghost hunting before Sarah ends up raising our son by herself" Zak remarked.  "So who's going to take over?".  "Aaron will and I'll tell the crew what's going to happen" Zak replied.  As the guys were talking outside Gracie went over to Sarah and growled at her.  "ZAK!" Amber called out. 

Zak jogged in to see Gracie growling at Sarah.  "Gracie no that's a bad dog" as she left.  "I've never seen Gracie growl at anyone"Paula remarked as Zak looked at Sarah.  That night while Sarah slept in the spare room Gracie went to her master's room.  "Noway Gracie you're sleeping downstairs tonight for what you did to Sarah" Zak said.  Gracie gave her Zak the sad look.  "No Gracie we don't growl at anyone unless-Oh my god the baby you're thinking the baby inside Sarah is intruder".  Gracie just looked at him. 

"Oh sweetie come here" as Gracie jumped into bed.  "Look you've been a great companion and look out for evil spirits to me but when Vincent comes he may take up my time but I'll make sure we have time together I promise" and gave her a kiss on the nose which Gracie replied with a lick to his face.  "Thanks Gracie but I have to say you're the reason I met Sarah if you didn't find that article I wouldn't be becoming a father". 

A knock came to the door and Sarah came in.  "I heard what you just said about Gracie and I think the same way if ours dogs didn't become friends we wouldn't be where we are right now" she remarked with a smile.  "Sarah come here for a second I have to tell you something".  "All right" as she sat on the bed.  "I know that you're worried about my job and I've decide to hang up my gear to protect you and David" he stated. 

"Are you sure you want to?".  "I think it's time before I end up bringing  something home that's going to harm you and Vincebt.  I couldn't live with myself if that happened".  "When are you going to do this?".  "I have to do a few things do you want stay in here for tonight?" he asked.  "Why not the next time I'm getting up is to pee" as Zak tried to subdue a laugh.