13

When Zak finally came back he felt relaxed but his heart didn't feel the same. At his house Zak was holding one of Gracie's puppies when he heard a knock. Zak put the puppy back with Gracie and answered the door. He saw Aaron was at the door.  "Hey Zak why did you delay your return". "Come with me"Zak remarked and went to the living room.   Aaron was surprised when he saw the puppies.

"I thought Gracie was spaded when you got her" Aaron said picking up one of the puppies. "I guess someone got mixed up at the shelter" sitting back on the couch "Than why do you look like you lost someone". "I did Sarah finally figured me out and I couldn't put her through what might happened so I just left with a broken heart" Zak replied.

"Wow man". "She told me that she wants one of puppies for her mother but I feel like Gracie planned this all" as Zak snickered. "Why do you think that?"Aaron asked. "She was the one who found that article and when I got there she became friends with Spirit; Sarah's dog than she had puppies and we both think Spirit's the father maybe Gracie is telling me she doesn't want to see me alone when it comes times for her to leave this world" Zak thought.

"Maybe when you bring the puppy to Sarah's mom you can talk to her". "Yea maybe I should" he stated.  "I want this one she's so cute Amber will love this little girl" as Zak chuckled.  When the puppies were old enough Zak took one of the puppies and Gracie back to see Sarah and Spirit. At the building Zak came in to see Spirit coming over.

Gracie jumped out and went over Spirit which made Zak happy. "Mr. Bagans nice to see you back". Zak turned around and saw Sarah's mom. "Sarah told me you wanted one of the puppies". "And it looks like those two haven't forgotten each other" she replied looking at Spirit and Gracie. "At least I made sure this is her last litter which was surprising to say the least"Zak said giving her the puppy.

"Sarah told me" she remarked. "Speaking of Sarah where she is?" Zak inquired. "She's at her doctor's appointment I'm surprise you're not with her". "What do you mean?" Zak inquired confused. "Well the father should be there to see his child on the sonogram for the first time" she replied. Zak's jaw fell right to the ground that Zak could taste dirt.

"She's pre-pre-pregnant with my child" Zak stuttered "You didn't know?". "Sarah never told me I need to sit down" Zak replied stunned.  At the hospital Sarah was leaving when her phone rang. "Hey mom guess what I'm having a boy" she said happy. "I think Zak will be happy to hear that" she remarked. "Mom I know that tone"Grace remarked.

"Zak's here he brought up that puppy I wanted and just got the shock of his life when I told him that he's going to be a father. Why didn't you tell me Zak didn't know" she asked. "Because I didn't want him to know he deserve to be happy with out thinking of a child" Sarah remarked. "I think you should let him decide that he's waiting for you" and hung up.