Chapter 33

Chapter Thirty Three

          As I wake up, I see Envy lying next to me, still asleep and on his side facing away from me. The digital clock on the pedestal next to us says it’s six thirty in the morning, Friday. “Envy wake up!” I excitedly say. When he doesn’t even move I shake his body and say “Waaaake uuuuuup.” He was almost as hard to wake up as Kelsey was.

          “Mmmm… Five more minutes….” Envy rolls over and faces me, still asleep.

          Under the blankets, dressed in only sweatpants and a neon blue bra, I reposition Envy so that he’s lying on his back and I straddle over his abdomen. “No! Wake up now!” I say as I shake his entire body.

          The now-awake-Envy wraps his legs and arms around my back and pulls me into him. I feel the warm skin of his stomach pressed against mine as he kisses me. Then, he says, “Oh yea! The last quest comes to life today! Did it pop into your head yet?” After he asks this, but before I can answer, he spins our bodies around so that he’s on top. He grabs my left hand – the one with the purity ring – and my right hand and pins them above my head. “Who’s trapped now?”

          I remember when I did this to him and say, “Hey you can’t steal my move! Hash tag so unoriginal.”

          He laughs and then gets off of me and out of bed. “So I take it you don’t know the quest yet?” He asks as he throws a purple and orange tie die shirt on. It matches his khaki shorts perfectly, yet I’m still unable to determine how he’s capable of sleeping in them.

          I tell him, “Not yet, but let’s go to Connor’s room to see him.”

          “I bet he’s already in the commons munching down on breakfast.” Envy had told me stories about how much Connor could eat in one sitting. 

***

          Connor wasn’t in his room. We walked all the way up the stairs – due to a broken elevator – for no reason. We did find him, however, in the commons just as Envy had hypothesized.

          “Six plates of food?” There’s no possible way you can eat all that I say to Envy’s best friend once he’s in earshot.

          We’re in the commons of the hotel. It’s a huge room where circular tables with white table clothes that cover them are spread out all over. The tables are almost all taken as it’s breakfast time and everyone is ready to eat. One side of the room has a long rectangular table with food set up all over it. There wasn’t a single breakfast food you can think of that’s missing from the table.

          “Give him five minutes and it’ll all be gone,” Envy playfully slaps Connor on his back as he pulls a chair out for me. Once I sit down, and he’s pushed me in, he takes a seat. “Man. You just couldn’t imagine-“

          “It popped into my head!” I blurt out unable to control myself. I finally got the clue I had been waiting for.

          Connor looks at me and says, “What is it?”

          I say, “It says to defeat what’s in the sky.”

          Envy tells Connor he doesn’t have a clue what it could be since he dreamed about a Demonic Japanese Spirit, but Connor says it could be the thunderbird from his dream. They debate about how both their dreams could be tied in together. Connor thinks the thunderbird and demonic spirit will both be in the same spot in the sky and they’ll just see different things. Envy thinks – after he told us his story about when he was with Hesh with the reptilian dimension vs. the Santa dimension – how since the thunderbird flies and demonic spirits aren’t really considered to be creatures of the skies, it would be hard for them to fight both creatures together, but he also said how he was going to make sure Connor stayed with us to the end.