Chapter 22

Chapter Twenty Two

          Out of nowhere, grey, poofy clouds cover the entire sky, blocking off the sun, but not letting any rain fall. The temperature drops from a million degrees down to a nice seventy. Instantaneously, the wind picks up, and I watch as Christina, Kelsey, and Tear all battle to keep their hair down. It was just a light breeze at first, but then it really, really picked up, shot gunning sand in every direction.

          “I did NOT spend an hour doing my hair this morning just for it to get messed up,” complained Kelsey. She was going off the walls crazy trying to use her fingers to re-brush it, but the wind didn’t look like it was giving up anytime soon. “And B T dubs, I need some kind of glasses just to see with all this sand.”

          “Well maybe you should’ve waited until after the four quests to do your hair,” said her protector, Tear, who along with Christina, had given up her battle with the wind.

          Christina opens her mouth to say something to Kelsey, but is beat by a voice amongst the group, “They’re coming! I can just faintly make them out in the distance!”

          “It hasn’t even been five minutes yet! There’s no way I can do this with all the sand blowing in my eyes! I can barely see at all!” Another voice yells.

          My alliance of four is all standing around each other, Hesh and his partner are apparently going to be working alone, and the four other people that are left are going to be teaming up by the looks of it.

          Christina takes a step towards me, and grabbing my right hand in both of hers, she places her lips near my ear saying, “I don’t think we can finish all four quests, Envy. This sand storm is terrible, I can hardly keep my eyes open.”

Seeing her squinty eyes makes me sad. I didn’t like to see her lose hope like that. “Christina, it’s alright,” I say into her ear, “No matter what happens, we Will finish these four quests together. We are a team now. You’re my girlfriend. I promise that even though you are the protector, I Will keep you safe. Remember the calculator?” Suddenly, the calculator in my pocket starts to vibrate.

Hope fills the part of her eyes that I’m still able to see. For a second, she looks like she’s thinking of something to say, then she whispers back to me, “I forgot all about that. Remember I said we are getting rid of it if it gets us in any more trouble?” Seriousness takes over her face.

“Yea, I remember. Speaking of….” I pull the calculator from my pocket being sure no one except Christina sees it. “It started vibrating as soon as we brought it up.”

“Everyone get ready!” a guy from the team of four yells.

“What’s it vibrating for this time?” my girlfriend asks me.

“Not sure. It just says to press enter again,” I say as I show her the words across the screen. I can tell Christina is nervous about it, but I press the enter button anyway.

Suddenly, the calculator shoots some beam of laser light at the ground. The laser moves all around like a 3D printer, and the next thing I know, there are two pairs of goggles on the ground. I pick them both up and turn all around to see if anyone saw what just happened. They were all oblivious, too concentrated on the oncoming enemies.

“Christina, what’s the plan?” it was Tear.

“We’re going to need help!” it was Kelsey.

“One sec guys, I gotta talk to Envy real quick.”

“Hurry girl!”

Goggles?! Awesome! That will give you the advantage over the other players with all the sand blowing around. Put the one pair on, and destroy the other pair so you’ll be able to win alone. Leave all the other players to die.