Chapter 35

Chapter Thirty Five

          I did it…

          I killed her….

          I killed the girl I had come to love…

          But I did it with good reason…

          See, right now I’m just pretending to be evil. I’m pretending to be suicidal. I’m also pretending to have forgotten everything. The first time all this happened, I wasn’t pretending, I was being controlled by the calculator. This time, I’m just pretending because I have a plan.

          Well, actually the plan wasn’t mine, it was Blade’s. Or, actually, it was Bob Cob’s. After he destroyed my calculator and released me from its control, I was out setting up a day for Christina and my best friend Connor. Well, that was the day when Bob Cob came to me and explained his plan.

          He told me how the teachers and principal were going to be mad, no, pissed, that I wasn’t dead and that I hadn’t killed Christina. Apparently they thrive on all that killing. I was made aware that they would come for Christina and me, that they wanted us dead.

          They are too powerful of creatures for us to fight off. Even though Bob Cob was one of them, he told me he alone couldn’t take on all of them, and that they were immune to the technology of the calculators. Christina and I were surely going to die, the principal already had his mind made up, and just needed his teachers to back him up on his decision, which would be a sure thing.

          That’s where Bob Cob’s plan came in…

          See, if I could trick them all into believing the calculator had gotten control of me all over again, Bob Cob would be able to come in and offer his ultimatum so that I could live. He said he knew it would work because they like creative type deaths a lot more than boring deaths. It gives them more power or something like that. Still not sure how they work or what they are, but I would find out soon enough.

          The reason I would find out soon? Well, if I chose to let Christina die, then I could become one of them, get all their powers, and never have to do the four quests again. Sounds good, right? No, it sounds awesome. I agreed to let her die to save myself.

          You probably think I’m a terrible person, but then I’d turn around and say you’re judging me too quickly. You never even heard the rest of the plan.

See, I did argue with Bob Cob about Christina having to die. I told him I would rather die than her. That I WANTED to die to keep her alive. He told me there was no possible way that would happen. He said Christina HAD to die, but there was a little loophole we could play off of.

If the principal used his werewolf to kill her, she would be cast into some abyss he didn’t go into specifics about. Basically she would never be able to come back to life if that happened. He said that if choose to let her die, but then ask to kill her myself, I could kill her and then he could bring her back to life with his calculator at later point in time.

At first I questioned why I couldn’t just choose to keep us both alive and go back to the four quests. But he slowly made me realize that that would be stupid. I could keep us both alive, never have to do the four quests again, and get a whole bunch of new power. Christina wouldn’t get the power, but she would be safe with me once we brought her back to life.         

Christina…

Bob Cob said I wasn’t allowed to tell Christina about our plan. He said that if I did, her reaction to things would be too obvious and the principal and teachers would know something was up. Because I loved her, I didn’t tell her.

Oh Christina…

The hardest thing I’ve done in my life was looking into her eyes and pulling that trigger. Even knowing she would come back, it was still the hardest thing. But I had to, I had to play it off like I didn’t remember her so that the plan would work out like it was supposed to.

I almost messed up. My heart hurt so bad that I killed her that I almost messed up my act by lying on the ground and balling my eyes out. But I kept telling myself I had to do it, I had to do it to keep us safe in the long run.

He told me no one has ever done the four quests all four years and then lived. No, every single person always ended up dying. I had to think about keeping her safe in the long run. Keeping her alive past senior year. That could only work if I became one of them, and had the power to keep her safe.

I did it because I loved her. Believe me, I loved her. I loved her more than any ten people would ever love her.

There’s just one thing…

One thing that’s etched into my mind….

The one thing I hope that doesn’t go wrong…

When we bring her back to life, would she be able to forgive me for killing her?

Christina….

I will always love you…

You have to forgive me…