Chapter 13: "Ain't No Love Made In China"

A chapter for all those Ricklynn/Carlynn/Bethyl shippers. Also some mild Tara/Michonne cause they'd be a super fucking badass team and they'd make the best friends ever. BROTP guys! Also, I might be introducing Abraham, Rosita and Eugene it so if you want to possibly see them make an appearance in the next few chapters, leave a comment and let me know.

Also, pretty please comment and vote. It'd mean a bunch to me!

Beth took the silence as a chance to check on Daryl, his attention fully focused on the display in front of them.

“I guess the gloves are off,” Michonne said quietly, snorting as she picked at a piece of tender meet, nose crinkled at the burnt part of the skin. “Wonder what’s happening over there.”

It wasn't everyday they saw Aislynn speaking and when she stood, they all immediately gave it their full attention.

Daryl turned back, gaze low. “I love you,” he hushed to Beth, her eyes widening in confusion. He had been overly affection as of recent and she was lying if she said she hadn’t liked it.

“You too,” she smiled, resting her hand on his thigh.

“Why?” he asked, voice scratchy like he’d inhaled too much smoke; probably from the cigarettes.

She raised an eyebrow suspiciously before nodding. “Well,” she said softly, brushing his fringe from his face with the soft pads of her fingers. “I love you because…” her voice trailed off and she allowed herself some time to think before glancing back at him. “I love you because each beat of my heart is a syllable of your name. ‘Cause you’re just another person in this world but you’re my world and you sometimes purposely do things to disgust me- like not using utensils or sliding your tongue against my cheek- and I couldn’t ask for better. I love you because the moment I don’t feel your touch, my soul screams your name and when I look into your eyes, I’m desperate to drown.”

She heard a collective intake of breathe from both Tara and Michonne and turning to look at them, their faces were softly holding smiles.

She tilted her head back towards him, meeting his watery eyes. She cupped his cheek tenderly, letting her thumb run across the rough skin. “Because in this whole entire world,” she whispered, her lips growing dangerously close to his. “The world showed me the way to you.”

Beth let her lips touch his, waiting for his own to spring to life and eventually they did, working against hers. He wasn’t usually one for romantic gestures in public and knowing that he was shouting it loud and proud he loved her, tugged at her heart-strings.

Slowly, he separated his touch from hers.

“Why do you love me?” she asked, nervously chewing on the bottom of her lip; a habit she had yet to kick.

“Because you’re beautiful,” he choked, words spilling before he had time to think on them. “And I can’t imagine a world without your love.”

Her own tears sprung to her eyes and she looked over Daryl’s shoulder to stare past at Carl and Aislynn.

“How ‘bout a song?” Tara asked, smirking at them. “You can sing, right, Beth? Know any good songs?”

“I’d like to put in a request,” Daryl said, raising his hand ever so slightly. “Ya know ‘Galway Girl’?”

“’I lost my heart to a Galway Girl,’” she sang, raising a curious eyebrow. “You mean that one? The Irish one?”

“Sing,” Michonne said.

Tara stood when Beth’s voice filled the air, rocking back and forth with Judith to the rhythm of the music and eventually Beth joined her, dragging Michonne out to the middle to dance along.