"To Carl Grimes: My Best Friend"

To Carl Grimes- the best kid in the entire world.

They say that best friends are there for you no matter what , that they catch you when you fall and support you. You're my best friend, kid. I would call you important but that word is too small. You're the person that, when I'm done, lifts me up. I've always needed a friend like you, Carl. I'm so glad I got to know you.

If you're reading this, it's clear I'm dead and gone; like the possessions of a dead person who has no family to claim them. I hope you live forever with Aislynn but forever is not enough. You are both so perfect together, like Maggie and Glenn, like Daryl and I. So, maybe three of the people I listed are dead but you get my point.

I love Daryl, god, do I, but you're my best friend, have been for the past few years. I've missed speaking to you, did you know that? I missed hearing you laugh and tell jokes, now you're a man and it is hard to believe I missed that. I didn't even get to tease you about that awkward teenage-boy voice pubescent males get.

Such a shame.

I hope you tell Aislynn how much you love her everyday, because fifty times is not enough. You guys even have your own thing, how cute is that?

'I still love you'

Daryl and I should've had a thing. We never did. We're boring, I guess. All we did was kiss and make out and sometimes it'd get steamy... That's something for another time.

When Judith is big and strong, and amazingly beautiful, please tell her I loved her. Tell her how I used to see the stars shining in her eyes and I loved her.

Carl Grimes, the best kid in the world, live for me. Bump uglies, as Merle would say, with your gorgeous girlfriend, and make gorgeous babies.

And if, at the point this is written, Aislynn is no longer with you, then I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.

Love,

Beth Greene- your best friend.