➝ chapter five - chemical burns and alpha bites

{5}

{5}

The day night after Stiles and Ivy nearly had to amputate Dereks arm, Ivy spent most of the day catching up on homework and the other half in the greenhouse.

The greenhouse made her feel closer to the family she was forced to leave when she was younger, specially her mother and sister.

Every morning Pamela watched her mother, Florence Isley, garden the plants and take care of them from the kitchen window as she wasn't allowed outside due to her skin disease.
The plants were her family and friends, they were all that she needed to be complete.

On this particular night, Ivy felt like there was something wrong in the greenhouse.
Everything was in the right place, nothing was moved from the last time she was in there.

The air was ... humid like all the time.
Eyes. The red head felt eyes on her, coming from one particular direction.
A gut feeling told her to not look in that direction and to slowly try and attempt to make it to the exit door.

Just as the red head started moving a loud growl came from further behind her.
Her brown eyes widened in fear and quickly turned around.

Between the tall green leaves/plants were red glowing eyes.
Ivy's breathing began to pick up, trying to take tiny steps back.
The red eyes stared at the girl who was trying to get away, taking a step forward from the plants when Ivys foot hit a tin can on the ground.

Suddenly the alpha began running at her, Pamela turned on her heel nearly tripping because of the heels she wore.
Tears ran down her pale face as the alpha chased her away from the greenhouse door.

The werewolf had gotten close enough to grab her leg and trip her.
Ivy's head the ground with a loud thud.
She let out a blood curdling scream when the beast hovered above her reaching for her with its claws extended and large dog like teeth open ready to bite her.

Ivy felt the sharp teeth sink and claws sink into her thigh, letting out a painful scream.
Her eyelids soon felt heavy and began to close, the only thing that kept them fully shutting was the sound of glass shattering beside her and the pain of chemicals sinking into her skin.

The alpha was dropping the toxins/chemicals that Ivy made on her.
Once the alpha finished, Ivy couldn't take anymore of the pain, blood was seeping through her bite wound and chemicals were burning her body.

Ivy heard another scream coming from inside the house.
She panicked and wanted to help her aunt but was slowly growing unconscious.

---

All Ivy could see was white.
Her blurry vision could only see the white ceiling she was staring up at.
After the alpha had tried to kill Ivy - Elizabeth who only seen the alpha when it ran past her and left- called for an ambulance when she found Pamela's body in the greenhouse.

"You okay, sweetie?" Her brown eyes looked up to see Melissa Mcall, Scott's mom writing something down on her clipboard.

She could still feel the pain, the burning her flesh tearing from the bite.
Melissa explained to the girl she thought of as a daughter that with the amount of chemicals spilled on she should of died but she was lucky her aunt called and the bite would eventually heal.

The bite.

Ivy didn't want to be a werewolf.
She didn't want to go through what Scott was going through.
The thought of having to fight the full moon every moon made her angry - she already had to deal with other stuff every month.

Once Melissa was done checking in on her, Elizabeth came rushing in taking the younger girl into her arms.
Once Ivy felt how close she held her, she felt sorry for worrying the people that care, especially Elizabeth.

"I'm sorry" she muttered.
"It's not your fault" Ivy couldn't tell her the truth about the supernatural, even thought she got herself involved in it.
Elizabeth pulled away from her niece and gave a teary smile.
"You'll be out of her in no time" she reassured her.
"I know Melissa told me they were supposed to be life threatening but I'm okay now" she rolled her eyes.

"I love you" Elizabeth smiled. "Scott and Stiles are here" she announced before leaving.
Moments after she left Scott and Stiles came in.

When Scott and Stiles heard the Isley women's address come out of his fathers walkie-talkie they quickly checked the scene then followed along to the hospital.

"Hey, Iv" they slowly stepped in and looked at the red head who was staring at the ceiling.
"I can see you idiots" she glared at the boys.
"How are you feeling?" Scott asked.
For some reason the question was pissing her off, throughout the night everyone that entered the room would ask.

"I feel dead" she stated with a weak smile. She tried sitting up and struggled until Scott made his way over and sat her up against her pillows.
"I was supposed to die, Scott. How do you think I feel?" She "If this happened to any other 'normal human being' they would have died - but here I am" she paused and looked at the bandage on her legs and arms, most of her body had healed which obviously had most of the doctors and nurses shocked.

"So you wanted to die?" Scott asked in confusion.
"No, it means there's something wrong with me" Ivy stated.
"Well, you know what they say 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger'" Stiles shrugged and Ivy rolled her eyes to the back of her head.

"What the hell is he doing here? And who left him in charge of balloons and gifts?" She asks as Derek enters the hospital room.

"He's here to help, Iv" Scott tried giving a convincing look to trust Derek.
"Help? You mean have us amputate his arm again" stared back at Scott and sighed.

"Did he say anything or do anything?" Derek questioned the red head.
"He bit me and -"
"Wait!" Stiles exclaimed and all eyes were on him. "He bit you?"
"No, he tickled me for a while then left" she spoke sternly.

Derek than wanted to see the bite mark to see if anything was happening, seen as she wasn't out trying to kill people.
The bite wound was still bloody, but wasn't effect her like she was bitten by an actual dog and not an alpha.
---