Chapter 29 - I Lost My Shoe

A/N - Hey guys! Okay, so first of all, my last chapter has over 700 reads, and I don't know if it's a glitch, but if it is, no one change it back! lol And if it's not, thanks sooooo much you guys! That's so amazing! I love every single one of you who are reading this book, and please please please comment letting me know what you think!

P.S. - the title is a little inside joke there for members of the Supernatural fandom ;) Later guys! Hope you like the chapter!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Sean, is that you?" I ask confusedly into the receiver.

"Sean?" Hunter repeats, his expression immediately hardening. "Why does that jerk even have your number?"

I cover the receiver and hold it away from my ear. "I gave it to him to keep me company while my boyfriend was away." I say jokingly, winking at him.

Hunter narrows his eyes at me. "Not funny. Let me see the phone." He says taking it from me before I can protest. He holds it up to his ear. "Washington, what the hell are you doing calling my girl?" He demands harshly.

I try not to let my happiness at the fact that he called me his girl show on my face, but oh my gosh, it's hard.

Honestly, the idea of belonging to someone and someone belonging to me is something I never thought I would have, and yet, here I am.

Hunter listens for a moment before an annoyed look crosses his face. He pulls the phone away from his ear and looks at me. "He's drunk."

"I know." I reply taking the phone back from him. "Sean, it's Mia, is everything okay?"

"Mia! Hey, why'd you let that guy take the phone?" Sean asks.

"He's my boyfriend, Sean. Now what do you want?" I urge, trying to speed up this conversation, because the look on Hunter's face suggests that'd be for the best.

"Oh... Yeah...what was it again?" He pauses like he's thinking. "Oh! I need a ride home!" Sean says triumphantly like he's proud of himself for remembering.

"Wait, where are you?" I question, my patience wearing thin with each passing second.

"Ummmm.... Earth." He answers, and then starts laughing.

"Get your girlfriend to give you a ride." I reply.

"I can't." He says sullenly.

"Well, can't you get a ride home with one of your friends?" I suggest.

"Nooo, I'm all by myself." He slurs. "And I can't drive cause I already drank thisssss much." Sean states like he's holding up an amount with his fingers.

"You know I can't see you right?" I state, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, yeah!" He answers and starts laughing again like a five year old.

"Oh my God, Sean, I don't have time for this, okay? I'll see you at school." I say, starting to pull the phone away from my ear.

"No! Wait, Mia!" He begins, making me hesitate. ".... Please... I don't have anyone else to call..." Sean says quietly.

Damn it.

Okay, I know what you're thinking: Mia, he's an ass, don't help him! He can go die in a hole for all I care, stay with your boyfriend!

But, there's something you should know. I'm not the kind of person that's going to treat you badly just because you did that to me. I'm not that girl, I never have been, and honestly, I doubt I ever will be. Even if you've never been there for me, chances are, I'm still going to be there for you. I don't know why, and I don't care, it's just the way I am. And most of the time, I'm glad to be that person, but right now... crap, I really wish I could just look the other way. But I can't. He's alone, and I know what that's like. I know what it can do to you. And the reason that I know needs my help. Ironic.