Chapter 24 - Her Mum Calls Me Love, Her Dad Calls Me Son

A/N - Hey guys! Alright, I've been so busy lately. Luckily basketball practices are going well, and my friend and I (the one who inspired Rose) have even been made captains!! Yay! I'm really happy about that, except it's added pressure lol A little scary haha

Anyway, I have SATs on Saturday, and I really need to do well on them in order to get a scholarship, so pleaseee pray for me or wish me luck or anything lol

On the side is a picture of Logan Lerman, who would also make a great Hunter, because I mean, that hair and those eyes lol Dedicated to BrittanyLeigh8 for her books The Bad Boy Is Possessive and Just My Type. They are so great, and you should read them if you haven't!

Thanks for your support, and I really hope you guys like the chapter! Please please please vote and comment! Love you guys! =)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Stay still!"

"Come on, man, is this really necessary?"

"Mia, if he doesn't quit moving, my hand's gonna slip, and you're gonna be dating a bald guy." Dejay states, clearly a little ticked at Hunter's refusal to stop fidgeting.

Time to test out this whole girlfriend pull. "Come on, Hunter, please just hold still?" I ask sweetly, looking into his eyes and setting my hand over his.

He looks up at me and stares into my eyes for a moment, before closing his and reluctantly sighing, letting me know I've won. "Fine..." He says with a huff. I smile at him. Wow, I really was not expecting that to work.

"Dude, you're so whipped." Dejay chuckles, before picking up the clippers again.

"Shut up." Hunter shoots at him before turning back to face me. "Now why exactly am I getting a hair cut again?" He asks.

"Because you're meeting my parents tonight, and we're trying to convince them to let me date. Remember?" I reply.

"Of course I remember, but is a haircut really necessary? I'm pretty sure I could win them over with just my devastatingly good looks and charm." Hunter smirks at me.

"I'm sure you could," I begin with a small laugh, "but you have no idea what we're up against. They're already strict, and I don't want the first thing out of my dad's mouth to be "get a haircut," so we're just trying to cover all the bases. Besides, it's not even a real haircut, he's just trimming the back a little."

"Really?" Dejay starts. "Are you sure you don't want me to give him a nice clean look like mine?" He asks, running a hand over his own short dark hair.

"You touch any extra hair on his head, Dejay, and you'll be the bald one." I threaten.

"Fine, fine. Keep your pants on, it was only a suggestion." He mumbles, returning to trimming Hunter's hair.

I love Hunter's hair, and no one is going to mess it up if I can help it. However, lately, it has gotten a little too long in the back to suit a parent's taste. Hence, the trim.

Since Hunter and I started dating, it's only natural that he'd want to take me out. Like on an actual date. But, like I said before, my parents aren't exactly warmed up to the whole idea.

I refuse to lie to my parents again though. I just... I couldn't do that to them. Not again. Not when they trust me so much. It would be too difficult, and I'd feel too guilty.

With that in mind, I was absolutely terrified to mention this to Hunter when he asked me on a proper date the other day. I mean, why wouldn't I be, considering the last guy I mentioned it to promptly dumped me immediately afterwards.