Chapter 14 - All of the Stars

A/N - Mia's dress is on the side, although, in the story, I changed a few colors and made the waistline lower.

Dedicated to winx1348 for her book Until I Met You, which you should read if you haven't yet! =)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Miaaaaaa, are you done yet? God, how long does it take to put on a dress?" Rose calls to me from outside the dressing room.

"A long time when it's as tight as this one is!" I shout back, rolling my eyes even though I know she can't see it. "Where did you find this thing? It's a death trap!" I yell, finally squeezing into the fabric. It's so tight I can barely breathe, and that's saying something considering how much of a stick I am. I look in the mirror and see how flat it makes me look. Well, I'm not surprised, this thing is basically a sports bra for your whole body.

"Just come out and let me see!" Rose replies exasperatedly.

"No, I look stupid!" I complain.

"Dude, if you don't come out right now, I'm coming in with a camera."

"Alright, alright, fine." I concede, pulling back the curtain and stepping out of the dressing room. Rose makes a face that looks sort of like a grimace. "See? I told you I look horrible." We both stare into the huge mirror facing us.

"Alright, so that's not the one, but we still have lots of mall to go through. Trust me, we're gonna find the perfect outfit for the party tomorrow." Rose says excitedly.

"And why does this outfit have to be a dress? Dresses aren't really my style Rose, you know that." I say, going back into the dressing room to change.

"Yes, I know you're not the average girly girl, but that doesn't mean you can't get all fancy every once in a while." she replies.

"I guess you're right, but it's not like a dress is going to make Hunter like me."

"Why do you think it's so impossible that he could like you, Mia?" she asks, clearly annoyed. I can't see her, but I can hear it in her voice.

"Because! Have you seen him Rose? Why would a guy like that want to go out with me? Look at me. I'm average, at best." I say to her, emerging from the dressing room in my original clothes. I look up at Rose, who has a concerned look on her face.

"You think you're average? Mia, you're so much more than that. You're really pretty, inside and out, and other people would see it too, if you just let yourself have the confidence to show it. And that, my friend, is why we're shopping. Everyone knows that the right outfit can make a girl feel confident." she finishes with a smile on her face.

"Alright, let's go shop then. But no more skin tight dresses, okay?" I plead.

"Fine..but you're still wearing a dress. No guy can resist a girl in a gorgeous dress." Rose states with a grin.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It seems like we've been to every store before any of the dresses catch my eye. Finally one did, and I'm in the dressing room trying it on.

"Rose, I think this might be the one." I call out to her from inside the dressing room.

"Well, come on! Let me see!" she replies.

I come out from behind the curtain wearing a beautiful party dress. The bodice has thin straps and is completely covered in black lace with navy blue fabric just barely showing underneath and hugs my waist, showing off what little curves I have, and the skirt is sort of flowy and black and reaches to just about my mid-thigh. It's actually pretty gorgeous. I love wearing it, and I don't even like dresses.