Chapter 41 - I Consider "Fun" To Be Sitting At Home And Watching Netflix

A/N - Hey guys! So what's up everyone? You guys all doing good?

I would apologize for this chapter not being up in a week, but I've been busy, and this is a super long one, so hopefully, it makes up for it!

So anyway, picture up top is like Mia's outfit, or whatever you want to imagine it as, just know that she wears black jeans and some kind of crop top, yeah?

Also, I read the book Legend recently, and like fell in love with it. Like, omg, Day is just... wow. So if you guys haven't read that, please do, it's awesome.

Hope you guys like the chapter, and please please please comment and vote letting me know what you think!

P.S. - I just had a death in the family. My uncle just passed, and it was my mom's brother, so yeah, if it's not too much trouble please pray for her and the rest of my family.

P.P.S. - This chapter is rough and unedited, so if I make changes later, I'll let you know, so just be watching for that.

Love you guys! And thanks for all the messages! I love having an open line of communication with you guys! Arigatou neee! =)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*Flashback*

I hate middle school.

We're supposed to be older and more mature now than in elementary school right?

So why does everybody act so childish?

And why do these girls insist on excluding me? I never did anything to them.. Why do they have to be so mean to me?

"Hey, Mia, have you ever had a boyfriend?" One of the girls asks me as the rest of the group eagerly awaits my answer.

"Um, No..." I answer confusedly.

I'm only thirteen.. When would I have had time to get a boyfriend? Aren't we too young to date anyway?

"Didn't think so." She laughs. "Doesn't that bother you?"

"No, not really. I mean, should it?" I ask, hugging my arms to my chest.

"Definitely." She says. "I mean, if boys don't like you now, they're not gonna like you later either." She explains as if it's the simplest thing in the world.

"That's not true. Who says?" I ask, getting more and more unconfident by the minute.

Where are Zack and Jay? These girls never bother me when they're around... I wish they wouldn't leave me alone so much...

"Everyone." She answers. "You know it's true. I mean, it's got to bother you that none of the boys ever like you."

"I - I don't - " I begin, only to be cut off.

"Just face it Mia, you're never gonna get a boyfriend. End of story."

*Flashback Ends*

As I stare into the mirror and style my hair for the night, I can't stop these memories from running through my mind.

If I'm being honest, I have to catch myself before I allow a tear to escape my eye.

Even though it was a long time ago, thinking back on those words is still enough to make me feel like there's a huge weight on my chest.

Back in middle school... I could've been considered a bit of a social pariah.. None of the girls really liked me. I never knew why. I hadn't done anything to them. I was never anything but nice, and yet, they still hated me.