Chapter 7 - Meeting The Council

The effects of the force blocker had worn off by the time Anabeth went to sleep. Much to the relief of Obi-Wan she didn't try to escape again, only using the force to shield her mind from anyone's attempts to read it. She was surprisingly advanced at it, not even Master Yoda beeing able to read more than a few emotions. And while everyone was curious as to how she did it they still decided to not talk to her about it for the time beeing.

Anabeth's fever was also gone by lunchtime the next day as she recovered quicker than first anticipated. Master Allie still insisted to keep her in the Halls of Healing to monitor her progress however. During those few day she got to know both Obi-Wan and Ahsoka better, forming what one could almost consider a friendship with them. Ana started to get less distant and cold with every passing day to the point where one could see the emotion on her face and hear it in her voice. She was slowly coming out of her shell and was taking great joy in studying the data Ansoka brought her.

Within just a few days it was almost like the scared, angry girl was switched with a level headed, friendly one, the result of many hours of work from Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. Yet, somehow everyone knew that some of it was just part of another facade she had put up. They knew the angry girl was still in there somewhere, she just put it aside so that noone would ask questions about it. Little did she know they were going to ask anyway as they were not  buying her act. They were simply waiting for her to finally show a crack in her facade for them to work with, sure that it was bound to happen any day now.

On her sixth day in the Halls of Healing Anabeth was cleared to leave by Master Allie, and even though the Council was skeptical about it she would now finally be able to explore the rest of the Temple. While Master Kenobi was currently occupied with a Council meeting it was up to Ahsoka to show Ana her new quaters, get her dressed and then bring her in front of the Coucil for them to actually meet her. When she came to pick Anabeth up in the Halls of Healing that morning she was already waiting and ready to leave. She quickly thanked Master Allie for taking care of her and beeing patient, even after the rough start they all had, before heading out with Ahsoka.

The brown haired girl looked around in awe as the Padawan lead her through the corridors of the Jedi Temple. She was amazed by the simplistic, yet beautiful style of art the Temple was built in, not even noticing the more than just slightly curious looks that passing Jedi were giving them. It all reminded Ahsoka a lot of her first time seeing the Temple when Master Plo brought her in all those years ago. She could only faintly remeber the events of that day, but she still was able to recall the sense of wonder and peace she felt when walking the Temple's corridors for the first time.

When they finally reached Anabeth's quaters Ahsoka entered the code for the door and motioned for the girl to go inside. She looked skeptical for a moment and Ahsoka immediately knew what she was thinking about. "Don't worry, I'll tell you how to change the code later" she assured her, earning a grateful smile from Ana as they both entered. The room ws very plain, but I wasn't like Ana had expected anything glamorous, this was the Jedi Temple after all. She had a bed, a closet and a matt which she assumed they used to meditate. Looking around she also spotted another door that led into a small bathroom.

"There are some new clothes for you in the closet. Perhaps you'd like to change so we can continue on our way to the Council Chambers" Ahsoka suggested to Ana who nodded in agreement before taking out the clothes and disappearing into the bathroom. They had given her a pair of the Jedi's signatur brown boots together with some grey leggins and a beige top. It wasn't Ana's dream outfit, but considering the position she was in she simply appreciated that they had given her new clothes at all. She quickly fixed her hair a little so that she would look neat and presentable in front of the Council, hoping that her appearance would help strengthen the facade she was putting up.