Chapter 48.

Niall happily got out the car when they arrived at Liams holiday home at Cornwall. They had just made it, as it had started to snow heavily. Some of it was already lying. It was a restless night for both of them. They head to sleep in a cheap hotel over night, with no heating. They only had an extra blanket and themselves for warmth, which Niall was fine with as Liams body was always warm. He tried to ignore Liams lower region pressed against his own though...which was difficult.

Niall frowned when he noticed the livingroom lights off but headed to the back of the car where Liam was. Liam was about to take the suitcases out when he placed a firm hand on his arm to stop him. "Let me, babe." Niall offered softly and Liam smiled, letting him through. Once he had grabbed the suitcase, Liam shut the car boot and headed over to the front door to unlock it.

When Liam switched the lights on after Niall had walked through the door, a bunch of people had jumped up and yelled "Surprise!" Startled, Niall jumped with fright and dropped the two duffel bags Niall was holding by his feet. "Surprise!" a familiar voice cried five minutes later, followed by an erupt of laughter and he instantly knew that was Emma, his niece. He immediately ran over to pick her up, taking her in his arms. He missed her so much. He would've picked up Nathan but he was he was already in his dads arms. "I love how there's like twenty adults here to hug and greet yet, Niall goes for a five year old." Greg joked loudly and everybody laughed. Niall and Emma playfully glared at Greg who just smiled teasingly in reply.

"Liam...did you do this?" Niall asked lovingly to Liam, turning around. "Yeah...I just, rounded up everybody in your family that I could find and invite them here. You'll notice your mates are here, too." Liam added, nodding toward Louis, Harry and Zayn who were standing a bit at the back. Nialls face brightened further. "Hey, mate! We're only here for a couple of hours. Our parents' want us home for Chrimbo." Harry explained, taking a sip of champagne. "You sure you should be drinking that?" Niall frowned. "I'm not driving, he is." Harry replied simply, pointing to Louis who flashed a cocky grin. Niall rolled his eyes.

"So how are you Em?" Niall asked casually, turning his attention to her ad he hoisted het up on his hip. "Good." she grinned, nodding once and Niall smiled. "Can we have a snowball fight?" Emma asked innocenty, fiddling her hair as she looked down shyly. "As tempting as it is, it's a bit late. But I tell you what, we'll have one tomorrow, yeah?" he added when Emma sighed. "Okay." she said simply, wrapping her tiny arms around his neck and hugging him tightly, kissing him quickly on the cheek. She then let go of Niall and he set het down on the floor and she ran off to play with Nathan.

"Why did you do this for me?" Niall asked quietly as Liam turned him around, his hands sitting carelessly on Nialls hips as he Nialls forehead pressed against his. "Because I love you." Liam replied simply and Niall smirked. "So, um...what would you like to do?" Niall smirked, tugging lightly at Liams hair on the nape of his neck. They didn't care about PDA even though they were surrounded by adults and two toddlers. They were to loved up to notice. "We could do anything you want, love. We could go to the cinema, we could go into town, we could go shopping..." Liam suggested, trailing his finger tips down Nialls arm, causing goosebumps to rise on his skin. Niall smiled, knowing they could finally go out in public. They didn't have to hide anymore. It felt like heaven to Niall.

"How about the cinema?" Niall asked hopefully and Liam grinned. "Perfect choice." he replied, entwining Nialls hand in his and taking him out to the car. "I'm a bit worried about the snow you though." Liam admitted as he pulled the handbrake up once they were in Liams old car. "Why don't we just use the moterbike?" Niall suggested as Liam pulled away from the house. "We'll freeze to death." Liam said knowingly and Niall shrugged. "But you know what? I'm taking my chances of driving. I'm not letting snow ruin or first night out together." Liam said brightly, patting Nialls thigh. Niall smiled. "I admire your courage." Niall joked and Liam laughed.