Chapter 18.

"Niall? Someone's here to see you." Niall groaned and rolled over, unable to wake up from his slumber. "Niall, please. This is important." He realised now that the voice was Liam. Liam! He hadn't seen him in ages. Niall struggled, shifting round to face Liam and his eyes fluttered open. He gasped at the sight he saw. Behind Liam was Harry, Zayn and...And Louis. What was this? Liam had promised him that'd never get to see him again, so what was this?

A flash of hatred flashed across Nialls face before he reached over the bed to press the emergency button. "No, Niall! Please. Hear them out." Liam pleaded as he rushed over and clasped his hands around Nialls to stop him. Niall couldn't help jumping at his touch and let go of the button. "Get them out." Niall demanded softly. Liam looked back at the boys and then back at Niall, completely helpless.

"Niall, please. Just help me out here." Liam begged, looking at Niall with big eyes. Oh, those eyes...those eyes that Niall could never resist. Niall looked behind Liam where the boys were standing awkwardly behind him. Niall sighed. "For you." he mouthed at Liam. Liam smiled weakly and headed out the room, leaving the door slightly ajar. Zayn and Harry both grabbed chairs and sat next to him but Louis just stood awkwardly behind them. Niall paid no attention to him.

"So how are you?" Zayn questioned and patted Nialls knee and Niall flinched away. Zayn immediately let go of Nialls leg and sighed. Harry bit his lip. "What can we do to make you forgive us?" Harry asked quietly. "Leave." Niall replied simply, glancing hopefully at Louis who kept glancing at the door every two minutes, his hands in his pockets. Louis sighed. "You know what? Screw it." Louis and grabbed a third chair and sat down.

"We're not leaving until you forgive us." Harry said softly and Niall groaned. "You're gonna be waiting a lot time then." Niall replied. Harry shrugged. "We have all day." Zayn replied. Niall gulped and looked at the window ahead of him where Liam’s back was to him. He wondered how much he could hear. "Right. Why are your here then?" Niall asked. Zayn and Harry exchanged glances. "Well...we would say we're sorry but you won't forgive us..." Harry trailed off when he saw Niall smirk.

"You got that right." he scoffed. Harry ran a hand through his hair and leant over to Nialls bed. "Please. Just...just tell us what we could do to make you forgive us." he said desperately. Niall clears his throat, thinking. It was impossible. What they did to him was beyond forgivable. Then a thought occurred to him. "You can tell me why he hates me so much." he said bleakly, nodding toward Louis whose head snapped up. Zayn and Harry turned to Louis.

"I-I don't like boys who like boys..." he mumbled, almost audible. Niall gulped. He knew it. "You hate me because of that?" he croaked and Louis nodded miserably. But then Zayn and Harry started yon snigger. "What?" Niall frowned curiously. "We thought it'd be the other way around...that he'd like you." Zayn explained softly and Nialls eyes widened at the thought but Louis gave a humorous smirk. "Trust me, if I liked Niall the way I liked Eleanor, I wouldn't exactly hurt him the way I did." he said sheepishly.

"Who's Eleanor?" Niall questioned. "My girlfriend." Louis explained with a proud smile. "But I thought you and Harry were..." Niall said puzzled, pointing toward Harry and Louis. To Nialls amazement, they burst out laughing. "Nah, that's just banter." Louis smirked and Harry joined in. Niall nodded. "Is that when you gave me a black eye when I commented on Harry and Louis being together?" Niall asked smugly.

"Yeah, Louis gets a bot protective when people ask about him and Harry because of Eleanor. Sorry, mate." Zayn sighed. "I'm not your mate." Niall corrected quickly. Zayn bowed his head. “Do you want us to leave now?" Harry asked sympathetically and Niall nodded.

Harry sighed and stood up. "Do you think we could ever be friends?" Harry asked, turning around before heading out the door. "I'll think about it." Niall said. No, Niall wouldn't think about it. He just wanted them out the door. He found it unbearable to even be in the same room as tem. Harry smiled weakly before following Zayn and Louis out the door. Louis even managed to say a small 'goodbye'.

Liam came in seconds later, rushing over to Niall. "Niall, are you okay? They didn't hurt you, did they?" he asked quickly, running his hands over Nialls arms, searching for bruises or bumps. Niall couldn't help laughing, he was so surprised. "I'm fine, Liam. I just couldn't believe you let them It." he admitted, his smile faltered at the thought. "I know, I'm sorry. I knew you'd hate me after it but I just wanted this all over with-"

"I don't hate you, Liam." Niall cut off sternly. Liam smiled and crept into Nialls bed, kissing his hair and wrapping his arms around him. They sat in silence for a couple minutes, staring at their entwined hands. "When were you gonna tell me about Luke?" Liam finally blurted out. Niall froze. "I just got him out of my mind." Niall murmured. It was true. It had taken a while to forget who had betrayed Niall. "Niall, I-"

"Can we just forget about him? Please?" Niall asked impatiently. He felt Liam flinched. "Sure." Liam replied after a while, slightly hesitant. Liam continued to stroke Nialls hand with the pad of his thumb until Niall fell asleep, curled up into Liam with his head buried into the crook of Liam’s neck. They'd have a lot to discuss later.

___________________

Sorry it's a bit late. But whattcha think? Please comment? And please don't say 'love it' or 'upload soon' cause it makes me feel slightly unmotivated...sorry. Anyway thank you so much guys, love you all :) xxx