Chapter 34.

"'Niall, why are you glaring at Mr Payne?" Harry asked doubtfully, bringing Niall out of his staring match with Liam. Niall blinked and looked Harry who had a frown on his face. "Lets just say, I hate that teacher." he said bitterly, throwing his chicken burger down on his plate in frustration. "He was pretty harsh before, huh?" Zayn asked knowingly. "Yep." Niall replied bitterly, popping out the 'p'. He had completely forgotten about Liam giving him into trouble for sleeping in class but he thought he'd be convincing to say that he was mad at that, and not some old hag flirting with his boyfriend.

He didn't even know why he was being punished by Liam; he looked like he was enjoying himself when Mrs Phillips sucked up to him and batted her ridiculous eye lashes and flipped her stupid hair to be honest. He'd of thought Liam would have some respect for Niall and at least say he wasn't interested to her, but no. Maybe he was getting punished for bringing up the sex thing again in the car, he knew Liam hated that. Or maybe because he slept in class. He hoped it'd be neither.

He finished his chicken burger before the bell went and headed up to the library, and Louis came with him. "You all right, mate? You seem pissed." Louis said softly as he sat at one of the computer desks. "I'm fine." he sighed, and began to finish of his essay for English. "I don't think you are. I'm here if you need me you know." Louis said. Niall looked at Louis. Maybe this was Louis' chance to finally gain his trust. "I take it it's got something to do with this Liam?" he asked softly.

Niall gulped. "It's complicated." Niall sighed, looking down at the keyboard. Louis gave an impatient. "Okay, but just remember I'm here." he reminded him and with a pat on Nialls shoulder, he left and headed back down to the halls. Niall was staring at the promise ring on his finger when his phone vibrated in his pocket and he took it out.

From Liam: Come up babe? I need to talk to you x

To Liam: What if I don't want to come up?

From Liam: Please? And we both know that's not true x

Niall ran a hand down his hair and stowed his phone away in his pocket before grabbing his bag and heading up to the Biology department. Niall quietly opened the door to his teachers classroom and he found him sitting at his desk as usual, looking quite flustered, confused and troubled. "You wanted to see me, sir?" Niall asked mockingly, leaning against the door frame and folding his arms across his chest. "What, am I too punctual for you now?" Liam croaked, noticing how Niall hadn't called him by his first name. Niall looked down, unable to hold his gaze.

"Niall, you need to know I have know interest in Ella." Liam began and Niall frowned. "Ella?" he repeated. "Mrs Phillips." Liam corrected himself. Niall shuddered. Mrs Ella Phillips. The name made his skin crawl. "Then why was she leaning and drooling over you, then?" Niall asked impatiently. Liam shrugged. "I don't know. But I'm just saying...I don't like her. I like you." he added softly with a warm smile to Niall. "Then why didn't you say you weren't interested? I thought we were finished..." Niall knew how chilidish he sounded, but that was just how he felt.

"Finished? Niall, after all we've been through you'd think I'd just end it like that? Besides, the woman's over fifteen years older than me anyway. That's just wrong." and it was Liams turn to shudder. Niall chuckled and strode over to his boyfriend. "I'm glad, babe. Because she doesn't deserve you." Niall said flirtatiously and leaned in to kiss Liam. Liams mouth was as sweet as he remembered it, he loved the warm taste he felt when his tongue slipped through Nialls mouth as Niall slid his hands round Liams neck, pulling him a little at the edge of his seat.

"You don't know how long I've wanted to do that." Liam panted after a few minutes of making out. Niall had forgotten that it had been almost a week since Liam had kissed him, due to the flue. "I think that's called sexual frustration, babe." Niall joked with a chuckle and Liam snickered, stroking Nialls cheek. "I'll tell you what. I'll make it up to you." Liam sighed, sending hot air on to Nialls mouth. "Really?" Niall asked hopefully, pulling away. Liam smirked and held out the Halloween poster in front of his face. Niall frowned in disappointment. "I don't like Halloween." he said, wrinkling his nose at the thought. "Neither do I." Liam admitted. "But it'll be fun." he added when Niall cocked an eyebrow. "Really?" he asked sarcastically. "Well, it's better than handing out sweets to hyper kids who tell crappy jokes." Liam shrugged and Niall laughed. "Good point." he admitted and Liam smiled.