Part Nine

I'm very angry right now, so if it ends up being short or not like you wanted it to be, then sorry. I just need to do something and this is what my brilliant brain thought of. Note the heavy sarcasm.

~~~~

Sky's POV

I looked at my hands, putting the bloody one on my lap and squeezing it shut. It hurt. Everyone was looking at me in response to my brother's last question. Kay moved to my side, getting on her knees next to me. She put her hand on back as a movement of comfort. Then the last week's event ran through my mind. And while it did, Amir asked me again.

"Is it possible that your blood could have gotten on the blade of that sword?"

"Yes." A simple answer.

"How?" He walked over to me and bent down so that he was eye level with me. Putting a finger to my chin, he said, "How did the blood get there, Schuyler? "

I felt compelled to answer. "I accidentally cut my hand on it while I was swinging it to his throat. And it went down the blade fast like it was hungry for something..."

"Tell me, Skye, what were you thinking of when you swung that sword to his throat?"

"At first, I was thinking of Kay. I had to protect her. Then I didn't..." I told him as his face was inches from mine.

"Didn't what?"

"Think."

"You didn't think when you killed him?"

"...No! No, I didn't think! I know I should have before I killed someone! I should have THOUGHT!"

He put his hand on my back, and while still facing me, he said quietly to my face, "I'm nit mad at you for killing that man. In fact, I'm pretty damn impressed. And I'm proud if you. Can you tell me why you didn't think when you killed him?"

"Um...I don't know...Instinct, I guess."

"Exactly. It was a natural instinct. You did, Schuyler, exactly what you were born to do!"

I looked up at him with a disgusted face. "I was born...To kill?"

Even he had nothing to say to that. I looked at my bloody hand and figured I'd pass out soon. I was already dizzy. It wasn't long after that, a couple minutes maybe, that I fell over.

Amir's POV

God. It'd already started. I at least wanted her to be human just a while longer. But it didn't look like that was possible. She'd have a week. Maybe more, maybe less. And then her friend. She would die as soon as the transformation was complete. Unless we changed her too.

Damn!

What was I going to do? I picked Schuyler up and carried her to her room, her friend not far beihind me. This friend of her's was like a dog. She wouldn't ever want to go! Dammit! I have to think of something.

As I lay Skye in her bed, her friend--(I should really learn the girl's name)--looked at me and lay beside her. Skye's hand was still bleeding.

"Sire. I've brought a doctor." Markus was at the threshold with my personal doctor at his side.

"Yes, yes, come in. Would you like me to leave, or shall I stay?"

"Right now you may stay. But, I will need to give her a proper exam. So then you must leave," he said to me. He and Markus were the only ones allowed to talk to me like that, but for some reason, Markus refused to speak to me like that.

"Very well. Markus?"

"Yes, Sire?"

"Has the body of Lane Rollins been removed from my study?"