Part Seven

Hey, here's the next part!

NOTE: The* means a silent conversation, speaking inside one another's mind.

You will come across it soon enough.

Kay's POV

I looked at him. And looked.

He knew where Schuyler was.

"You..."

"Yes, her parents were murdered, as her sibling. And I am almost positive that you know..."

"Yes. And they...they killed my parents too." At least I believe that whoever killed her parents killed my own.I began to cry uncontrollably. But Markus surprised me by bringing me into a tight hug. But I would be lying if I said that I didn't like it a little, and I felt something. But it was something that made me feel extremely odd. Something that I wasn't used to feeling. He moved down and looked me in the eyes.

"Do you wish to live with her and her brother?" He asked.

I stared at him. Brother? I thought that Seth was dead now...wasn't he?

"Ah, yes, you do not know. She has an older brother that of which is her kin. Now I ask you once more. Do you wish to live with her and her brother?" I felt myself nod. Where else was I to go?

He seemed to be relieved by this. "Good. Are you alright? We must leave as soon as possible."

"Can't I get a few things from my house?"

He shook his head. "I've already gotten them." Now...are you well enough to leave this place?"

I didn't know. I had to be, right? Yes, I was. I nodded and pulled the covers from my legs, swinging them over the edge of the bed. I was almost instantly embarrassed though. My legs were bare and the hospital gown was not only short, but it was messed up in a way that it made the side of my hip and leg show. I pulled it down and stood up.

Then all of a sudden he pushed his hands forward. In his hands, he was holding a pair of blue jeans and a black turtle neck with, embarrassingly enough, a bra and panties. He smiled at me and turned to leave. The other guy, whose name I have already forgotten, was still standing there, staring at me. It was a silent conversation but Markus looked at the guy and they both turned to leave. I thought, while I got dressed, Oh hell! What have we gotten ourselves into? What in the world were we going to do? Why was Schuyler with a brother that I've never even heard of? Why did she disappear right after the murders?

We'd been through so much together. So I decided that no matter what she did or didn't do, I would always stick by her. There was no way I could turn her down now, no possible freakin' way! I knocked on the door to let them know that they could come in. I didn't trust these people, but if there was even a slight chance that they could bring me to Sky, then I wasn't going to argue about anything. Sky was, and still is the sister that I was never allowed to have by my parents. And they did so on purpose, not having another child except me. I couldn't stand them sometimes. But even so, they were my parents and I missed them gravely. It was torture not being able to see them. And don't get me wrong, they loved me, they did, and they always told me that it wasn't their intention as to not have any more children. They just couldn't. And so I have gone by that for a while. But Schuyler, she was the one and only person that made me feel like it didn't matter that I didn't have any brothers or sister, because she was the replacement.

Oh, God.

Is that the only reason I love her? Because SHE was the replacement for my parents mistakes?

I guess, when it comes down to it, it was...at first. But now it isn't.

"Are you ready to leave, then?" Markus asked, coming into the room.