Part Two

At that moment, I couldn't bring myself to stop screaming. Sure, I was in Tae Kwon Do, and yes, I was expected to know how to protect myself as far advanced as I was. But they don't train you to be heartless. And now my family was laying in pools of blood in front of me, each of their eyes open like they were surprised and didn't see it coming.

This beauty looked up at me and cocked his head to the side. However, there was something about his beauty that was uncannily terrifying, and it made me want to run screaming. I had thoroughly accomplished the screaming part; I was still screaming as I thought it. And now it was time to run. I sprinted in the opposite direction, through the kitchen and hallway, and out of the front door. I could tell that my screaming was disturbing at least someone, but I didn't stop running.

I was good at running. I was on my high school track team; I could easily accomplish the hundred yard meter dash. But at that particular moment, it didn't matter that I could run. Because he was faster. He caught up with me with such ease that it disturbed me. He grabbed my wrist and stopped running, which in turn, jerked me to an utter halt. He turned me around, and again I saw the perfect beauty of his face. For the split second it took for me to turn and look at his face, there was an expression of honesy empathy, a true apology. After that second, though, it turned unsympathetic.

The feeling of his hand gripped tightly around my wrist broguht me to my senses; that was when my training kicked in. I put on my face a mask of hatred, which was certainly easy enough. I returned his expression by mirroring it. I ignored the white hot pain he was causing in my wrist. I couldn't fight if I was concentrating on pain, so I thought of nothing. Then, heartless at the moment for him, I took the hand that was free and grabbed the hand of his that was holding my wrist. I placed my thumb and index finger on the pressure point of his hand and squeezed as hard as I possibly could.

He showed nothing other than confusion at first, his expression a mixture of amusement and curiosity. A moment later was when he cried out in pain. The second my wrist was free, I took the base of my palm and rammed in smack in the area under his chin, knocking him backwards a little, giving me free range to kick his feet out from under kim. That made him fall to the ground. Then I sprinted again. I didn't look back. I knew he was going to start chasing me if he hadn't already. I didn't look where I was going. I didn't know where, and I didn't care. All I knew was that I was headed out of my neighborhood. After a while, I began to grow tired, and I had seen that he wasn't chasing me. So I stopped to rest.

I put my hands on my knees, breathing in short, quick breaths, trying not to hyperventilate. Which was a job itself. After I felt that I could breathe again, I pathetically crawled into a bush. Instead of thinking about how ruined my life was now, and how much I missed my mom, my dad, and my sweet-ish brother, I quietly cried myself to sleep.

Waking up was horrible. I had felt like I had a hangover. Which, might I add, wasn't pretty. At first I didn't even know where I was. But as I realized that it was still dark outside, memories came flooding into my brain. I had walked in on the person murdering my family. So where would I go now? Did I even have anyone else to go to?

I crawled out of the bush and hesitantly stood on my feet. I felt soft tears rushing down my cheek, but I didn't bother wiping them. If I look back now, I realized that as I made my way down the road, I actually was headed for a certain place. Kay was the only person I had now. My best friend was all I could turn to. It was too bad, then, that I never actually made it there. I was less than a minute from her house when his voice caught me off guard. I had never heard his voice before, except when he was screaming in pain. But the instant I heard it, I knew it was his.

So the second I heard it, I stopped dead in my tracks.

"I finally found you." He stood less than three feet away form me. "Has anyone ever told you that you pack a hard ass punch? I would never have seen it coming. You may possibly be the only one in history that has tried to fight us off." He closed the space between us.

The only thing I managed to say was one weak word. "Why?" I stared at him, my eyes wide.

And he smiled at me. Not a cocky smile or a mischievous smile, but an actual sweet smile. "Because your family awaits you. You will hate me, I know, but for now. . .sleep." He put his arms around me, and I felt the light, gentle touch of his finger on the back of my head. And then I was out like a light.