Part Five

Minutes later, we heard the explosion. The terrible, terrified screams of the people and the smell of fire and baking bodies. I cried softly now, ashamed of myself for not even thinking about saving those people, even though I knew I couldn't. Marcus pulled my head to rest against his chest. It was starting get light out and I wondered since (and if) these people were vampires, wouldn't they burn if sunlight touched their skin?

"It's alright. You did good, it's okay" Marcus whispered over and over again, while playing with my hair and holding my head.

"Won't you guys get burned if you're out in the sunlight?" I whispered, barely audible, even by me.

"No, dear, do not worry about us. We will be fine. Why don't you just rest now? I shall wake you up when we arrive." He continued to hold my head to his chest and play with my hair, but he started to rub his fingertips along my face making me feel drowsy. The lone thought I had before falling into an extremely deep sleep was Hell, I didn't even like them and here he was comforting me. And before I knew it I was falling asleep in the arms of the man who kidnapped me.

Well...hell.

Waking up was horrible. I felt groggy; I was sore and my head hurt. I felt someone shake me and winced in pain when I tried to move. "Wake up Schuyler, It's time to wake up, we're here." I opened my eyes and was very grateful of the darkness looming over my head instead of a bright light. "Good. You see, she woke up, like I said. Hello, Schuyler. How are you feeling? Not very well, I'm sure. Can you move?" I shook my head no. "Well, then I suppose you will have to be fed then."

"Sire would you like me to feed her?"

Sire? What the hell?

"No I...I believe that I will do it." His voice was velvety as he spoke the soft words while he looked at me. But his voice was so familiar! And he himself was something to look at! He was astonishingly beautiful! Even more so than Marcus. He seemed so familiar to me. It was so much like déjà vu. But I couldn't place it.

"Sire, are you sure? I will assign someone else to do it...Although I can understand why you would want to do it..." He mumbled.

"No I'm sure. It's alright...I want to do it." He said. He moved closer to touch the side of my face.

"But Sire-"

"I want to, Marcus. I haven't seen her in so long. She's just as beautiful as I remember her! How did you find her?"

"Well, Sire, we'll talk about that later. The only thing you need to right now is that I had help...from the Council."

"Oh, dear. I know what that means. I'm not sure I want that to happen. And what of her family?" At that moment, I want to scream at him and tell him exactly 'what of my family'! But I couldn't because I couldn't talk. So bad I wanted to scream at him.

"Well there is a problem with that Sir. See, when I arrived at her house, she wasn't there, but her family was. But I'd found them dead. Every one of them dead, by them. And she-" He nodded to me, "thinks I did it. But never would I do such a harsh thing, even if it was a human." He shook his head in disgust.

"I see...well...do me a favor, will you and bring her the food please?"

"I will, Sire."

"Thank you, Marcus." And so he fed me, him talking to me, comforting me, while I listened not being able to talk for some reason. And I did, feel comforted, I mean. But still he felt familiar to me.