Chapter 32

CORAL POV

A Dream:

A bright light engulfed my vision. It was a soft, luminating light and very pretty to look at. Above me was a plastic claw with chains hooking little seashell ornaments. That moved and made a somewhat odd noise.

I was in a crib. I looked around and saw soft brown walls

Two dark figures hovered over me and a soft melodious voice that called over to my direction

"Charlotte" it was a voice as soft as silk and moved my head around to try and look for the owner of it

"Charlotte"

The woman that looked at me must have been my mother. She had beautiful coal black hair that was pinned up in curls with flower accents and a gold crown adorning her head. Her emerald green eyes and creamy white skin made her look unbelievably beautiful.

The man that was next to her I assumed was my father. He was a tall, well built man with short brown hair neatly parted to one side. His brown eyes and the alight stubble on his chin made him look all the more handsome, his crown radiating the powerful person he was.

I reached my hands out for my mother and tried to call out, but all that came out was gibberish that made my mother smile a big set of pearly whites

All of a sudden they were gone

and the room became dark, pitch black.

The door slowly opens and a rushing scuffle of footsteps

My mother hovers over me, look of panic on her face as she picks me up. I feel warm and safe in her arms as she strokes my head softly.

"It's okay sweetie" she whispered "it'll be alright"

She moved farther into the room and kneeled. I heard a slight creak in the wood and she places me inside.

"You'll be okay I promise" she repeated again and kissed my forehead. I was instantly filled with warmth and safety "just stay quiet and you'll be alright"

Something in her tone of voice told me she was really scared so I promised I wouldn't make a sound even if I couldn't say it out loud.

A harsh knocking came from outside Andy mothers expression turned into fear

"I love you sweetie. So much" she said with so much passion a mother had for her child. She placed something cold and smooth in my hand and kissed head one more time before finally closing the door.

A fight broke out. I knew she was in danger, but I couldn't do anything except keep my promise to stay quiet.

"Where is she!" A gruff voice demanded. I didn't like it. I knew it was Tom, Falcon.

"I would rather die than tell you" she said with such hatred an protection.

"As you wish your highness"

The last thing I heard was my mothers piercing scream as he murdered her.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I jerked awake and screamed.

"Coral what's wrong are you okay?" I looked around the dark room to Ben who sat upright with a worried expression on his face.

Was I okay? I could easily tell him I had a bad dream, which wasn't a lie. I did. But it was more than just a bad dream, it was a nightmare of the night my mother died. A mother I never knew and never will.

I thought about how beautiful she looked and how soft and loving her voice was. I would never know the kind of life I would have had with her or my father.