Chapter 7

~Coral~

The next morning i woke up to a cry. It sounded like it came from somewhere in the house, but I wasn't exactly sure. I got out of bed and then I realised that I wasn't at my house. Confused, I decided to get out anyway. 

"what do you mean someone broke in?" I heard a womans voice say, "they didn't steal anything or hurt anyone? what about Coral is she ok?"

It was Mrs. Elazabeth's voice. She sounded so worried. They were in the kitchen talking over coffee.

"She was attacked but she's alright. It was him auntie. I saw him try to take her." Blake sounded worried to, but he was also serious. I stod at the foot of the stairs, they couldn't see me as long as I didn't make a sound. Mrs. Elizabeth  gasped, 

"It can't be."

Blake talked in whispers now, "It is and there's something he wants from from her. I don't know what it is yet and I know he won't stop until he gets what he wants."

Mrs Elizabeth listened intently, clenching her delicate hands into fists, "But what can we do Blake? what could he possibly want from Coral?"

Me? 

"Right now all we can do is keep her safe and protect her. Until we know what he wants we can't make a move. We have to..." Were they talking about the cloaked man? I guess they knew I was there because next thing I knew, I knocked over a vase. 

"Coral you're awake! are you ok?" Mrs Elizabeth said as she ran up the stairs. Wow that woman sure is fast for someone in her fifties!

"uh yeah i'm ok," I looked over at the now broken vase, "I'm so sorry about your vase Mrs Elizabeth, I'll pay for it I..."

"no need" she said cutting me off, "I need new decorations for the holidays anyway. That was actually a blessing in disguise, the vase is hideous but I would never let Claire know that and don't you dare mention it to her either!"

 "uh...ok" I said feeling my cheeks heat up.There she goes again, rambling on to change the subject. It didn't really matter anyway becuase Blake said we would talk.

"So who wants breakfast?" Thank god she broke that awkward silence, "I can make chocolate pancakes!" 

"That sounds great.", I said without thinking. What was I thinking? I'm the maid and now i'm taking advantage of that! "on second thought, I really should go home, I have to study for exams and..."

"Nonsense, I insist. My nephew is here to visit and I want you two to get along. I heard about your little episode last night and I won't have any of that while i'm here. Besides exams don't start until next month."

"I really shouldn't Mrs Elizabeth I..."

"Sit Coral. That's an order", she said pointing a silver spatula at me. I looked over at Blake who was looking at me pleadingly, "Please stay Coral. I'd like to get to know you some more."

I felt like an idiot. A blush made its way to my cheeks. I sit down on the wooden stool behind the breakfast bar. I'm still in my pijamas. I wonder when she will let me go home. There is an umcomfortable silence in the kitchen, well for me. 

After making the batter, Mrs Elizabeth let out a loud sigh of relief, "that's a lot of ingredients", and started pouring the mix onto the pan. The kitchen immidietley smelled of chocolate. I inhaled the odor, thinking that this was the best thing anyone could ever hope for. Chocolate was a guilty pleasure of mine. It was simply something that relaxed me, something that seemed strange because chocolate contained so many sugars that cause many to become hyper and breakout.