Chapter 16

Recap:

"Here you go miss. And again i'm so sorry for the coffee spill" he said, handing me the plastic bag, "I hope you have a wonderful stay in Hawaii and I hope to see you around sometime"

"thanks. I hope I didn't make you late" I said apoligizing

"No worries, all my fault" he said turning to leave but then stopped, "I'm Kyle by the way" he said extending his hand out.

"Coral" I said firmly shaking his hand.

"Well Coral, it was nice to meet you. I'll see you around sometime?"

"yeah, see ya Kyle" I said as I made my way to the bathroom to change out of my now wet, sticky coffee-stained shirt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 16

Coral POV

The purple lotus-coverd tank was replaced by the  coffee-stained tee aftercleaning off the excess liquid taht had seeped through my skin. I quickly checked to make sure my hair hadn't been wet with the coffee and once I was satisfied, threw the stained t-shirt in the trash bin.

Everyone sat around a table talking to a tall, serious-faced man in his mid-forties. That must be Tom, I thought as I sat down.

"Have fun in the bathroom?" Sophia chirped while nodding at my shirt.

"What happened to your other shirt?" Blake said in turn, a suspicious look in his eyes.

The tall man with the hard expression spoke next, "Coral I'll have you know that you're not here for fun" he said. The hard tone in his voice was enough to have me look at the ground like pavlov's dogs.

"I'm sorry sir. I ran into someone near the bathrooms and he spilled his drink on me and then offered to buy me the shirt." I said. I looked up to see the man's expression softened up just a little.

"I understand, but you shouldn't go off wandering by yourself without protection" he said looking at Blake menacinly "I told you to protect her, never let her out of your sight. What don't you understand about a simple order! I should have you and Sophia fired!" he said his voice now rising higher and angrier. I looked at Sophia shocked and wide-eyed as she gave me a look of guilt.

"Gee way to blow my cover Tom" she said rolling her eyes. Her bubbly cheerleader voice was now replaced by a lower and smoother tone. She kind of sounded like Amanda Seyfried without actually looking like her.

"shit" Tom muttered through his teeth and slaping his hand on his forehead, "well at least you won't have to fake your voice anymore." From the corner of my eye Blake and Mrs Elizabeth were clearly trying hard not to laugh.

"Yeah well when are you going to stop faking your sexuality?" she said narrowing her eyes.

"As soon as Pam Anderson admits her boobs are fake"

Everyone burst out laughing, even Mrs. Elizabeth who was now holding the table for support. Maybe I was wron about Tom. Under that hard exterior he was a really funny guy.

~ ~ ~

Our new home was a bit smaller than the L.A. mansion, but still big nonetheless. It stood over the hillside of the island had a view of the ocean. The property was hidden away by all the trees and shrubs, kind of like a jungle. It instantly made me think of the movie Lilo and Stitch.

"Welcome to your new home" Tom said. we made our way inside the three-story giant which had seven rooms, each with its own bathroom, a gym, a recreation area, indoor pool, three living rooms,  enormous kitchen, a library with every book imaginable, a movie theatre with every movie genre, and a grand staircase like the one on Titanic.