Chapter 1

Hey guys!

So this my first time writing a story. I'll try to upload frequently so I hope it doesn't suck to bad and hope you guys like it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1

I was running late. My alarm didn't ring again and I knew I would get fired. I got out of bed and took the quickest shower possible and threw on some jeans, black t-shirt, silver flats, grabbed my car keys, and ran to my car. I had a yellow Honda that looked more like a taxi than anything else which was a gift from my parents. I took pride in my car, even though people have called me over, thinking I was a cab driver. I wanted to paint my car a different color, but I couldn't afford to take it to a body shop with the other repairs my car needed: new tires, new tire rims, a new bumper and windshields, that kind of thing. My engine is out of date, but when my parents bought it it was in an o.k. condition, so I would need to get that first.

I arrived at Ms. Elizabeth's house. I was ten minutes late and I had no other excuse for my tardiness. Ms. Elizabeth was a very nice lady in her mid fifties. You would think she'd have a couple wrinkles already but the truth is her skin was flawless. She was no where even close to getting any wrinkles. She was also a tall lady of five-foot-seven and made my five-foot-three self look like a dwarf. I made my way inside already thinking of some excuse when I bumped into her.

"Sorry I'm late again Ms Elizabeth I promise it won't happen again." I gasped, trying to catch my breath. Ms. Elizabeth looked a little annoyed but being her nice self excused it.

"It's alright dear my meeting was postponed until this afternoon so you can just make yourself at home for now."

I don't know why she never fired me. I was always late showing up. I've worked here for two years now and she never once got angry at me before. She was like my own mother and always looked out for me. I met her when I was working at a  grocery store. My manger hated me. He always made sure my life was a living hell. I never talked back because I needed the money for college. That day I happened to work outside and the manager was at his worst yet. Ms. Elizabeth happened to pass by and came to my rescue. She offered me a ride to her place and then offered me a job to do her domestic house work for even more than I was getting paid at the store. I accepted and have been working here ever since. 

I went to the kitchen and grabbed a coke out of her fridge. I always made myself at home and at first it was a little awkward working here. Her house was enormous. It was a big mansion with a large property. At the entrance there was a large silver gate that only opened if you had a key. There was a narrow path that led to her driveway and her back yard had an enormous garden. It's hard to even imagine a house that big nowadays, but I picture it a mini version of the Palace of Versailles.

"Coral would you do me a favor?" Mrs Elizabeth asked walking into the kitchen with a map, "since my meeting was postponed to this afternoon would you mind going to the airpot to pick up my nephew? he'll be staying with me for a while. His parents are going to some buisness assignment in Europe and they've asked if I can look after him. He'll be waiting in  LAX at terminal 5." Normally I would have objected. Planes scare me. A LOT. But I couldn't say no to her so I agreed. 

Later that afternoon Ms. Elizabeth left to her meeting and I left for the airport. I took the map she left on the table and made my way to the airport.

When I arrived I headed for terminal five. It took me awhile to figure out which way to go because the airport was big and confusing, but I found a parking spot and waited outside where she told me he'd be waiting. I walked through the place smelling the bitter cigar smoke that I hated because both my parents were smoke addicts. They never found a reason to quit so I asked them not to do it around me.

I got to the terminal and waited near the elevator. It was six now. I noticed that there were a pile of suitcases with no owner around. He left his suitcases here? At least, I think they're his I mean, he was supposd to be at this exact spot thirty minutes ago. I reached over to look at the name tag when a hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did you guys like it? I know it was a little boring but I promise it'll get more interesting.

Let me know what you guys think!