Chapter 27

RECAP:

We normally don't question our guardees choice of friends, but with the situation at hand we had no choice. I couldn't help the jealousy that sprang in me when she went with him, but I deserved it after acting like such a prick to her. She must think I used her and I wanted so bad to hold her and tell her it was all a lie to protect her.

But how could I?

"Ben" I called. He looked at me with an "you really screwed up man" look

"Call in Rick and the rest of the guys." I ignored his chastising vibe "Tell them it's urgent. You're going to want hear this"

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Coral POV

I don't know how long i've been out. When I woke up I vaugely remember a dark room and echoing drops of water, but i'd pass out again after a few tries.

When I finally managed to wake up, I rubbed the blurriness out of my eyes. My muscles were very soe and I could hardly move. I looked down and noticed a metal schackle tied to my ankle, and metal cuffs on my wrists which were already bruising markson my flesh.

I looked registered my sourroundings and finally noticed that the dark place I was in was a cell-like room: Cold gray walls with cracks that echoed water through the leaks seeping downward, dirty cemented floors with engraved tally marks and bits of broken nails. The thought of people having been here previously gave me unpleasant chills.

In front of me were cell doors like those you'd see in a prison (or jail), behind the bars a wooden desk and chair, and more cemented wall with a door to exit out. Picture half of a room divided by cell bars, only I was on the side with no exit.

"Hel-argh" my throat was desert dry and I was in desperate need of water. Calling for hep would do no good at the moment.

I was dazed and confused. How did I get here?

And then it hit me.

I remembered Ben and I arguing and then he'd confessed he loved me and then kissed me. Then he ran off like he'd committed a sin and the whole house blew a fuse. Or so I thought until I found him and Sophia unconcious- Ben!

As if i'd just realized, I turned my head and found a shackled and very unconcious Ben on the other side of the cell.

"Ben!" I hoarsed out, causing my throat to burn. Because the chain attached to the shackle reached a certain length, my finger tips barely scraped the fabric of his shirt.

"I wouldn't worry about him" I whipped my head toward the sound of the voice.

Those grey eyes.

"Kyle?"

Impossible, but it was unmistakeably him "Hello Coral" all friendliness was gone. The mask has been revealed. Now there were stone cold eyes, which one held all sense of friendship but now beheld twisted amusement.

"Where are we? What's going on?" had he been captured too?

"You're never one for patience" he chuckled "I like that"

"what do you mean?" I asked. he seemed too calm, and if he'd been captured, why was he on the other side unshackled?

"so naive. Still haven't figured out who it was? Or why i'm not shackled up?" He stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a black fabric.

Black fabric. A mask.

It instantly clicked

"You're Falcon?"