Chapter 34

Ben POV 

I knew Kyle was too good of a guy. from day one he looked suspicious. I never imagined that James would be in in it as well. Sophia's going to be devastated. She may look tough, but even she has a weakness, a blind spot. It sounds horrible, but hopefully this is a wake up call for her, show her not to play around.

Both she and Coral had been broken. Maybe one more than the other. It doesn't matter now, we couldn't get out if we wanted to. Who knows where everyone else is, if we've been separated or not.

Coral had cried herself to sleep. It was so much for her take in. I don't know what I would have done if I found out my parents were actually royals who's lives were tragically destroyed. If my father gave up on finding me I would honestly feel hurt and angry.

For her to act this way was incredible. She showed no hatefull emotion, it's almost almost as if she understood the situation or t least part of it.

As I stroked her soft black hair I couldn't stop thinking that she was finally mine. I knew I was just a rebound, but I didn't care. I promised I would take care if her and make her happy. Not hurt her like he did.

For all she knew, Blake wanted nothing to do with her and I wanted to keep it that way, as selfish as it was. I didn't want to lose her now that I didn't want to lose her now that I had her. She meant the world to me and maybe one day she could learn o love me the way that I love her now. 

" " " " "

Coral POV

*A Dream*

A green field stretched out for miles. The sky a beautiful Prussian blue. It was strange, but I stooped down to pick up the yellow daisies, sat down, and plucked at the the delicate petals

"He loves me, he loves me not 

He lives me, he loves me not.."

"Boy trouble?" I jumped up startled by the voice behind me. An all too familiar voice.

"Mother?"

She stood before me in all her regal glory. A long sleeved purple evening dress clung to her slim hourglass shape. On the shoulder was a thin film of crystal.

Her black hair was pinned in waves by small jewels that made her big green eyes stand out. I could see that I inherited her eyes, thick narrow lips, and narrow nose. Her skin tone was a little darker than mine, but was a warm brown that wasn't too burnt.

"I used to do the same about your father" she said as knelt down "I was such a fool to ever doubt your father"

I smiled at the thoughts my mother had doubting my father, it seemed so silly.

"Why?" I asked "you're so beautiful"

My mother laughed in her melodious voice "thank you dear, but everyone has their doubts. Charles and I had been together a little over six months. I had fallen madly in love with him and all the other girls that grabbed his attention even for just a moment made me jealous"

"What about my father?"I asked, curiosity getting the better of me. The sky overhead remained clear and cloudless, a perfect day with a perfect breeze, which strangely enough I couldn't feel.

"Your father always said he only had eyes for me, but every girl has their insecurities and I couldn't help feeling the way I did"

"Sounds to me like he really loved ou" my comment didnt go unnoticed because she looked down and picked up a flower.

"You have his eyelashes you know" she changed the subject, "his cheekbones too"

I smiled sadly, "he gave up in ever finding me

Mother's eyes dulled a little, I could tell she was sad and helpless.

"He loved you more than anything"

"That explains why he stopped looking for me" I replied sarcastically.

I must have been plucking at the petals angrily because mother placed her soft hands over mine carefully. They were warm and made me feel safe.

"He's a royal. He had to make sure his kingdom didnt fall apart. He has a heart like steel and sometimes sacrifices have to be made. Losing us both was tragic but it happens to a lot of people unfortunately but having the kingdom fall apart because of something like this would make him look selfish."

I chuckled "just like King George"

She smiled "Yes. Give him a chance. He's not the person you think he is"

And I hated to admit that she was right. I did want to know my father and I had a lot of questions. What kind of person would I be if I didn't give him a chance?

Which brought me to Ben. I knew a lot about me. I did too, but not as much as I did for Blake. I was leading him on and I still chose to be with him. I couldn't find it in me to let him down and I'd fel guilty next to his heartbreak and future meetings would be awkward.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing" I said. I didn't want to start rambling out my problems.

"I know you are, you have your father's thinking face."

She had that pleading face, not the begging face I'd tried so many times on my other parents. Just a pleading look in her eyes that I was finding hard to resist.

"It's boy trouble" I confessed

"I know" she said "The most important thing to know is to follow your heart. What ever will make you happy just do it."

"It's so hard to know, they both make me happy."

"How are you really feeling?" she asked. This dream felt too real. The sky above darkened, the flowers began to wilt. Frowning, I dropped the flower.

"Cher up dear, you're makin gthe place gloomy"

"I'm doing this?" I furrowed my brows.

"It's your dream" she said "try to relax"

I tood a deep breath and the sky instantly lightened the flowers giving back the flowers their freshness back

"Much better"

"Mom?" her head snapped up, even I was surprised I'd called her that.

"I'm sorry I..."

"It's alright don't apoligize, now what were you going to say?"

"What happened that day?"

I didn't have to explain to her. She got that 'I'd-rather-not-tell-you' look. Fear...terror blanketd her eyes.

"I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sorry"

"There are some things better left unsaid" she said

"Yeah I'm really-"

"However" she continued "If you want to know the truth, then look for the truth set in stone."

"What do you mean?" It didn't hit me then that she muttered a riddle. 

"It's time for me to go" sh got up and brushed her skirt "You need to wake up"

"Why?" 

"If you don't, Bn will be worried" I furrowed my brows "How do you know his name?"

"There are many things you don't know about me. I'll be with you always, but you have to wake up. Tell Charles that I love him always"

The scenery of my dream began to whirl fast at tornado speed.

"Mom" I tried to make out her figure but all I saw was a tall purple blob and still green eyes before everything disappeared in black.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

AN: So here is chapter 34, what do you think?