Chapter 38

AN: This chapter is going to be a little different. Instead of it being in first person POV it's going to be in third person just because it was easier for me than writing it someone's perspective.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Both Ron and Jack looked over their shoulders, surveying that all cameras clicked back on the second they passed them as they helped Elizabeth the exit to Jacks taxi. The yellow cab waited just where they had asked.

"Run Elizbeth" Ron hurried, "Jack knows where to go. Run and don't look back no matter what!"

Elizabeth didn't haveto betold twice. She sprinted toward the cab and tapped on the window before jumping into the backseat.

She tucked the letter safely away into her jacket, or rather, the one James had given her to blend in and go unnoticed.

"Elizabeth areyou okay?"

"No" she replied. In truth, she felt terrible. Guilty, ashamed, and betrayed. It was all overwhelming.Tom had promised her Coral would be safe,he promised she wouldn't get hurt. And he broke it and her heart in the process.She felt a fool to let her emotions take over and allow herslf to let him in.

"We're almost there I'll make sure we get there on time, evrything will be okay."

~~~~~~~~

A few blockes and a hundred miles per hour later, they had arrived at the FBI office. Nothing was done at normal pace. Jack smoothly parked the cab and jumpec out.Elizabeth didn't even wait for him to open her door and bolted out and into the building.

Uponentrance, Jack presented his id, "Getme to the captin."

"Captain is busy right nowJack no one can see him." the young agent blocked them from entering.

"I don't care what the cptain says.This is important." Jack firmly stated.

The young agent stood his ground, "Captain's orders Jack, I'm sorry."

Enough was enough. He quickly shoved the young man aside with brutal force, grabbed Elizabeth's hand, and made a run for it. The screams of the young agent could be heard from a mile away.

"This way" Jack pulled Elizabeth into the next hallway to the office.

Lucky for them the office door was unlocked. He burst in not caring for once to havedefied orders. He was serious about his job, but he was also serious about doing the right thing.

"Jack, what is the meaning of this?" The captain was shocked at the sudden course of actions from one of his best agents. Especially since he'd brought in a former agent.

"We need to talk" Jacked said, eyeing everyone in the room.

"Why have you brought a former agent here?"

"This is code red situation" Elizabeth pleaded pulling out the envelope from James and threw it in front of him.

Although she knew she had no right to utter those words, Elizabeth simply did not care at the moment.

"I'm sorry gentlemen I'll have to postpone this meeting. I will notify you through email"

The gentlemen all nodded because they knew code red was something serious. They hurriedly gathered their things and neatly lied out of the room.

" this had better be important for you to humiliate me in front of my colleges that way" he gracefully tore the seal from the envelope and pulled out the three-page letter quickly scanning it.

"Thomas?" He drew his attention to Elizabeth, who notably showed sadness and shame.

"I'll make the phone calls. Jack please ensure that Elizabeth stays here"