Chapter 10

As we walked into my house I immediately noticed the t.v missing. My first thought: someone broke into the house. But there was nothing but the t.v. missing. I immediatley went to myy parents room.

Everything was gone.

All their shoes, clothes, perfumes and colonges, even the bed sheets and curtains. All gone. Panicked I searched for anything else missing, but it was just their room and the t.v. I went to the kitchen where I found Blake holding out a paper.

"Coral this is for you" His velvety accent showed concern. It didn't deceive, but mty parents did. It was a note from them.

Coral: we decided to move to Vegas. Sorry this was on short notice, but we figured you could handle the rest of your college pay since you're graduating next month. We took the t.v. with us. don't bother waiting for us. Your rich boss said she'd look after you. Take anything you don't want stolen. See you soon, Dad & Mom.

I couldn't believe it. They left just like that.

My decision was clear now. I'd move with Mrs Elizabeth.

I never wanted to see or hear from those back-stabbers again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Coral~

It didn't take long to pack my things. I had a small room with few personal belongings. In a large suitcase I packed all my clothes, my sneakers, and the one coat I owned. I din't bother with the makeup, since I hardly wore it. 

There were mixed emotions going on inside me. The strongest bubbling up was anger. I tried to contain it by being silent. Blake didn't speak to me, he only watched me as I packed my things. Smart man.

After what seemed like an eternity of staring into my now empty bedroom, I put my suitcase in the trunk of my car. Now all thats left was the box. I went to my parents bedroom and took the frame that contained their wedding picture and the one where there was the three of us, me being just a baby. 

They looked so happy in those pictures. I just wondered what happened to those people, why they became uncaring and ignorant. They didn't seem the same and at this point, I didn't really care because they left me like I was a puppy at a pet shelter on display.

I shuffled through my mother's jewlery box and took the gold necklace which contained a picture of both of them and shoved it in my pocket. Even though I was angry at them, they were still my parents and there was a soft spot in my heart that wouldn't let me forget them.

Memory after memory I packed in that cardboard box, putting only the most sacred ones that were not yet tainted by the hate erraticating my rebellious mood. Every item I packed brought a new memory, which only brought me back to the reality that was now. 

After finishing my trip down memory lane I sat on my parents bed and let the wave of sorrow engulf me. I felt hot salty tears threatening to spill and I didn't hesitate to hold back this time. I cried. I was angry, sad, and maybe even now humiliated in front of the entire neighborhood seeing as they all loved to gossip. The news might even be reaching out and I let those salty tears express my feelings for me. 

A few minutes later Blake came up and sat by my side. No doubt I looked worse than a clown with my puffy red face but there was no point hiding that now. He didn't comment on that which I appreciated, but what he did next suprised me. 

He held me in his arms, kissing the top of my head like I was a child, "I'm so sorry for what they did Coral". He let go of me and kneeled in front of me looking directly into my eyes, "I know you're probably thinking they're the worst parents in the world and they probably are right now, but soon you'll see that they have good reasoning and only want what's best for you. Don't give up hope now. Please."