Chapter 11 - Part 1 of 2

-Chapter 11-

“Alice! Oh, my God! You look like the living dead! What the hell?” Bianca demanded, her face fuming with great rage. Her hands were positioned upon her hips, an eyebrow raised towards me with disbelief.

I sighed in frustration. “Lighten up, Bianca. I just… haven’t been sleeping much during the weekend, I guess.” I shrugged, feigning indifference. I had not the slightest idea how else I would have explained however I had looked to her. And neither did I wish to explain myself.

“Fine, but at least let me fix you up, before we get to class?” she pleaded, although her eyes held tremendous amount of authority---- enough to leave me without a choice other than to allow her to do as she wished.

I grimaced, but gave in with a curt nod, as she began to pull me towards the bathroom.  I had hoped for Stefani to be around, yet to my greatest dismay she had called in sick. I guess I would just have to deal with Bianca. After all, how much trouble could one person possibly create?

Well, knowing Bianca, a tremendous amount.

------------------

The rest of the week had gone by rather quickly. Before I even had the time to realize that indeed had, the time had finally come. It was Thursday. Today was the day Drew promised to return. Today, I would see him once more. Today I shall learn the truth I have longed for.

But why ever was it that I had not seen him yet? After all, it had already been past noon.

“Hey, are you okay? You don’t look so great,” a girl who I had happened to bump into asked, her face filled with concern. “You’re Alice, right?” she asked, a look of recognition plastered across her face. However she knew my name, I honestly had not the slightest idea. But truthfully, I had found it rather creepy.

I turned my gaze towards her. “I- Yes, and I’m fine,” I managed to say, although my head swirled with dizziness. I was heading towards third period. I was certain I should have gone home instead, but I had been much too stubborn to have done so. And now I was assuring a complete stranger that nothing had been wrong with me, yet in all honesty, I felt as though I was going to vomit everything I had eaten from yesterday until not a long time ago.  It was to my great fortune that Bianca decided to ditch classes with Stefani yet again.

She looked highly unconvinced. “Well, are you sure? Okay, dumb question. Anyways, if you need anything…” she trailed off, grinning sheepishly.

I smiled. She looked as though she was a caring girl. It was a good enough reason why I should not burden her with my problems and avoid becoming friends with her at all costs. That way it would save her from feeling whatever sadness others dear to me would feel when I had… passed away. “Okay. Thank you,” I said, forcing a grin upon my face. Something told me that she hadn’t believed that it had been genuine, yet I could not care less.

She smiled as well anyways, before heading towards a different direction. “Oh! I almost forgot,” she exclaimed, as she spun towards me once more. “Someone left this note at the office. The headmaster asked me to give it to you this morning.  It’s anonymous but it had your name written on it, so we figured it was for you,” she shrugged, as she handed a small envelope to me.

I stared at it for a long moment, wondering who it was from. There was nothing on the small envelope but my name, written in a slightly rushed yet elegant manner.

Alice Denvar.

I hastily thanked her, shoving the envelope into my purse.

“Oh, my name’s Selena, by the way,” she said, holding her hand towards me.