Chapter 15 - Part 2 of 2

-Chapter 15- Part 2 of 2

In the room seated were five other men --- all of whom were dressed in exceptionally dark clothing and I was certain would tower over me had they been standing.  I could not recognize most of the men before me although I was able to distinguish two men: Powell and the other man on the phone from the same night. Powell, his face less menacing than the rest, nodded towards me. Now that I had been able to see him clearly, I could see that he had not only been muscular but unlike most of the men present, he had fair skin and brown hair that curled towards the tips. The other man whose name I do not have the knowledge of smirked towards me, his teeth bared as though he would not dare hesitate to attack me. The others shared the same look as they turned their attention towards me.

“Nice of you to join us, Alice,” one of the men spoke. I was immediately able to identify him as the man who had spoken to me on the phone through the tone he had used. “Please do take a seat,” he ordered mockingly.

I did as was told; never giving away the fear that had began to creep within myself. I kept my gaze sharp and threatening, as I sat onto the chair the man who I had entered with had given me. I looked from one man to the other, until my gaze finally landed back onto the man who’d ordered me to sit. “Who are you?” I demanded, keeping my voice low so as to avoid it from quivering in the slightest.

The men had only laughed, some crossing their arms upon their chests and some shaking their head in disbelief. “Why should we tell you?” Powell replied.

“Just cut the bullshit and tell me who you are. Otherwise I would be of no use to any of you I can guarantee that.  But of course, I already know who you are, Powell,” I said smugly. I watched as the men’s expressions turned serious once more. They looked towards Powell in utter astonishment, before glaring at me once more. 

“Fine,” grunted Powell, who no longer concealed his irritation. “The two men on my left are Greg and George. They’re twins if you’re dumb enough not to figure that out,” he said, directing towards the men with unusually Mexican appearances. “The one to my right is Kenny.” The man, Kenny, had rather thick bone structure and bulging muscles.  “The one who escorted you here is Diesel and lastly, the one you were on the phone with was Gordon.” Gordon had pale skin as well as a relatively lean build compared to the men present.

I smiled in satisfaction, before motioning for the men to continue speaking so I may know what it had been exactly they wanted of me. “Okay, you’re turn. What the hell do you want?” I asked, though it had sounded more of a challenge than a query.

The men, too, smiled of satisfaction. “We want Zachary,” Powell stated as though he had expected me to be aware of whom he was speaking about.

“Who?” Once I had stated my query, realization dawned upon me. Powell had called Drew “Zack”, I recalled. I shook my head, not certain myself of where he had been at the moment. “I don’t know where he is.”

“Yes, I know you don’t. But we aren’t asking where he is, we’re asking for him.”

“Zach has been missing for 2 weeks now. None of our trackers have spotted him nor has he been out publicly. We believe you can get him back somehow as we’ve seen you together on your little date a week before he disappeared,” Gordon explained as he folded his arms across his chest, awaiting my response.

I inhaled sharply, as I absorbed the information that he had given to me. Drew had been missing for two weeks?  I was unable to believe so as I assumed that I had seen him in school not so long ago. Had it really been two weeks now? It was quite difficult to imagine the thought. “That’s impossible. I just saw him a few days ago in school. I....” I could not continue for I began to become unsure myself.